Pret A Manger - Getting harder to stay here | Glassdoor.co.uk

"Getting harder to stay here"

Current Employee - Barista in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Pret A Manger full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Free food and coffee & paid breaks Good pay rate Some lovely customers can make it very enjoyable I love working on the coffee and working as a team when everyone is working properly Most of employees with more than 2 years are excellent hard workers

Cons

In the last 6 months everything has gone downhill, many new standards which make it difficult to focus on customer service and turns us into robots. New people are not being trained properly because the trainers are doing other things because we are always short staffed. Lots of young people joining the company which is great although many of them are very lazy and don't care. More experienced employees working double...

Advice to Management

Take more notice of what is going on in your shops. My Ops manager has completely ruined the teamwork and family vibe of our shop (almost 8 people left in 6 months) and we are barely replacing the people who have left. Be careful or all the good ones will be gone and you'll be left with teams who don't care about customers or the company.

Pret A Manger2019-04-09

"REVIEW"

I have been working at Pret A Manger

Pros

They were very linient and i felt that the company needs more guidelines for workers

Cons

Bad management with some of the people i worked with .

Pret A Manger2018-08-15

"It Was an Okay Headache"

Former Employee - Team Member in New York, NY

I worked at Pret A Manger part-time for more than a year

Pros

Lots of free food, free coffee, they work around your schedule, and the pay is pretty good. Manager was awesome, but depends on the location.

Cons

Between grumpy coworkers, grumpy customers, and homeless people constantly destroying the bathroom, this place was just a headache. Definitely a job for morning people who don't mind hectic, robotic work that eats away at your soul one day at a time. The turnover rate was ridiculously high, and for good reason.

Advice to Management

No idea, good luck.

Pret A Manger2019-05-09

Discover more reviews about Pret A Manger.