Pret A Manger - Getting harder to stay here | Glassdoor.co.uk

"Getting harder to stay here"

Current Employee - Barista in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Pret A Manger full-time for more than a year

Pros

Free food and coffee & paid breaks Good pay rate Some lovely customers can make it very enjoyable I love working on the coffee and working as a team when everyone is working properly Most of employees with more than 2 years are excellent hard workers

Cons

In the last 6 months everything has gone downhill, many new standards which make it difficult to focus on customer service and turns us into robots. New people are not being trained properly because the trainers are doing other things because we are always short staffed. Lots of young people joining the company which is great although many of them are very lazy and don't care. More experienced employees working... double to make up for laziness of newer staff. Managers are being massively overworked. If you are forced to close the shop all the time it's like your life is on a replay, so repetitive. You sometimes have to wait over a year for a promotion or move shops because promotion is all internal, you have to sort of 'wait your turn'

Advice to Management

Take more notice of what is going on in your shops. My Ops manager has completely ruined the teamwork and family vibe of our shop (almost 8 people left in 6 months) and we are barely replacing the people who have left. Be careful or all the good ones will be gone and you'll be left with teams who don't care about customers or the company.

Pret A Manger2019-04-09
  1. "Time doesnt go at all"

Current Employee - Team Member in Heathrow, England

I have been working at Pret A Manger full-time for less than a year

Pros

Free food, flexibility, weekly pay, bonus, great management

Cons

Boring job, breaks too early

Pret A Manger2019-09-22
  2. "good"

Former Employee - Team Member in Kirkby in Ashfield, England

I worked at Pret A Manger full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

bonus free coffee health insurance 50% off when your working and not working

Cons

rota is always changing long hours sometimes

Pret A Manger2019-10-18

Discover more reviews about Pret A Manger.