"Pret was a stressful and busy job that seeks perfection and expects you to actually be perfect"

2.0
    Former Employee - Kitchen Closer in New York, NY

I worked at Pret A Manger full-time for more than a year

Pros

The pay is really decent compared to similar jobs. Opportunity for bonus every week and other bonuses for doing a great job. Free meals. 50% off from items not made in the kitchen.

Cons

Horrible management, sometimes I felt like I should become manager so that things could run correctly. Hours not all accounted for. Took them a whole month to actual put my raise on my check after they had said they would. Tips that we were getting kept getting stolen and management said they couldn't do nothing about it. No sick days or hospital days , if your missing for whatever reason your bonus is taken away for that week. Coworkers made the environment feel like high school with the rumors and drama. Management barely help even if there's a long line and we're understaffed, they stand in the front joking around. They would also send people home early and then panic when the rush comes which makes me feel like all they care about is GP. Another problem is if you come to the managers with a problem they would do whatever to make it seem like it will get taken care of but they never pull through and actually do something. Posers.

Continue reading
  1. "Good company"

5.0
    • Diversity & Inclusion
    Former Employee - Shift Leader in New York, NY

I worked at Pret A Manger full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good money Free food Nice people

Cons

Unfairness Takes time to grow

2. "4 years employed"

4.0
    • Diversity & Inclusion
    Former Employee - Team Leader in New York, NY

I worked at Pret A Manger full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

room for growth, the possibility of weekly bonus, good hourly pay

Cons

I've worked in several stores and unfortunately, the rules are not the same under every manager, there is clear favoritism, people are overworked and taken advantage of.

Discover more reviews about Pret A Manger.