Pret A Manger - Pret was a stressful and busy job that seeks perfection and expects you to actually be perfect | Glassdoor.co.uk

"Pret was a stressful and busy job that seeks perfection and expects you to actually be perfect"

Former Employee - Kitchen Closer in New York, NY

I worked at Pret A Manger full-time for more than a year

Pros

The pay is really decent compared to similar jobs. Opportunity for bonus every week and other bonuses for doing a great job. Free meals. 50% off from items not made in the kitchen.

Cons

Horrible management, sometimes I felt like I should become manager so that things could run correctly. Hours not all accounted for. Took them a whole month to actual put my raise on my check after they had said they would. Tips that we were getting kept getting stolen and management said they couldn't do nothing about it. No sick days or hospital days , if your missing for whatever reason your bonus is taken away... for that week. Coworkers made the environment feel like high school with the rumors and drama. Management barely help even if there's a long line and we're understaffed, they stand in the front joking around. They would also send people home early and then panic when the rush comes which makes me feel like all they care about is GP. Another problem is if you come to the managers with a problem they would do whatever to make it seem like it will get taken care of but they never pull through and actually do something. Posers.

Advice to Management

Make sure your hiring people with good management skills and some that can treat their employees with respect and make sure the workers are happy with their job.

Pret A Manger2013-10-08
  1. "Time doesnt go at all"

Current Employee - Team Member in Heathrow, England

I have been working at Pret A Manger full-time for less than a year

Pros

Free food, flexibility, weekly pay, bonus, great management

Cons

Boring job, breaks too early

Pret A Manger2019-09-22
  2. "Good"

Former Employee - Team Member in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Pret A Manger full-time for less than a year

Pros

Payment on time good n fun environment

Cons

Low salary,they don t pay overtime although they ask you to work overtime regularly at least at Oxford street pret

Advice to Management

Pay the overtimes

Pret A Manger2019-10-09

Discover more reviews about Pret A Manger.