Pret A Manger - Pret was a stressful and busy job that seeks perfection and expects you to actually be perfect | Glassdoor.co.uk

"Pret was a stressful and busy job that seeks perfection and expects you to actually be perfect"

Former Employee - Kitchen Closer in New York, NY

I worked at Pret A Manger full-time for more than a year

Pros

The pay is really decent compared to similar jobs. Opportunity for bonus every week and other bonuses for doing a great job. Free meals. 50% off from items not made in the kitchen.

Cons

Horrible management, sometimes I felt like I should become manager so that things could run correctly. Hours not all accounted for. Took them a whole month to actual put my raise on my check after they had said they would. Tips that we were getting kept getting stolen and management said they couldn't do nothing about it. No sick days or hospital days , if your missing for whatever reason your bonus is taken away for that week. Coworkers made the environment feel like high school with the rumors and drama. Management barely help even if there's a long line and we're understaffed, they stand in the front joking around. They would also send people home early and then panic when the rush comes which makes me feel like all they care about is GP. Another problem is if you come to the managers with a problem they would do whatever to make it seem like it will get taken care of but they never pull through and actually do something. Posers.

Advice to Management

Make sure your hiring people with good management skills and some that can treat their employees with respect and make sure the workers are happy with their job.

Pret A Manger2013-10-08
  1. "Great company, leader in its industry"

Former Employee - Team Member Trainer in Chicago, IL

I worked at Pret A Manger full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Training program, culture, benefits, career path, travel, compensation

Cons

Long hours, repetitive, managers get most benefit

Pret A Manger2019-10-17
  2. "Nice"

Former Employee - Team Member

I worked at Pret A Manger part-time for less than a year

Pros

Good people to work with and pay can be good

Cons

Hours shortages and moving up in the company

Advice to Management

Great !

Pret A Manger2020-01-21

Discover more reviews about Pret A Manger.