Pret A Manger - No sick pay? Bad new rules | Glassdoor.co.uk
Pros
Cons
  • "Flustered team members add to the chaos" (in 30 reviews)

• "Office culture is working really really long hours" (in 25 reviews)

Employee Review

Employee Review

"No sick pay? Bad new rules"

Current Employee - Team Member in London, England
Current Employee - Team Member in London, England

I have been working at Pret A Manger full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I enjoyed particularly how my team were helpful and always cheered when there were hard times
Good pay but not the best one to break my back
Nice free events with cheap wines and food, I've got sick from Pret parties
Free food as staff food, healthy yes, but after a while you can't live with just sandwiches, ready food is never that healthy, healthier a portion of chicken soup made from me I bet!

Cons

Well, I'm sick with fit notes from doctors and Pret since this year, I guess, doesn't pay anymore for sicknesses, now I need to fill up the statutory sick form to send to a job center, it would be fair enough but my manager doesn't know how to fill the spot where it is asked why Pret doesn't pay me... That's quite weird then I have to struggle to see my money and therefor to pay the rent...what an unprofessional company I can tell...
Not paid overtime
Abuse of power most part of the times (I felt on my skin few times)
Incorrect wadges, my management doesn't know what is a calculator or how to read a rota correctly

Advice to Management

If you want to make our life harder just do it in the correct way, I'm really disappointed with some events that are happened in this last few months in Pret, you should cope a bit better and in-charge with responsibilities someone who actually know what are the real rules, laws and policies, Pret does rules for itself but it doesn't mean that you have the right to don't follow the ones made from doctors or the state, management in my shop has a lack of professionalism.

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

"Disappointed"

I worked at Pret A Manger part-time

Pros

The staff is usually very nice and friendly, I really enjoyed meeting them.

Cons

There's too much pressure.They overwork their staff with little compensation.Any bad move and you lose the bonus, and the work in the kitchen is incredibly difficult and they stay past their schedule but they don't get anything for it.Pret used to be about having a happy staff and happy costumers, now it's just about the money. They keep feeding people this image of "happiness, good times, best place in the world!!" that when you really start working there you become very surprised and disappointed.I quit my job just after 3 weeks because I was feeling physically sick and they gave me insane shifts to do without my permission.

Advice to Management

If you see that people are overworked and they can't keep up with the standards, hire more staff!And there are too many irrational rules to follow.When the staff says that something is "unfair" or "impossible to do" don't just say "that's how things work at Pret".

"Not a good company to work for. Employees are treated badly. always under pressure."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I worked at Pret A Manger full-time

Pros

the food is free. that is the only good think

Cons

not a good culture. every manager dictates his values to the team.

Discover more reviews about Pret A Manger.