Pret A Manger - No sick pay? Bad new rules | Glassdoor.co.uk

"No sick pay? Bad new rules"

Current Employee - Team Member in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Pret A Manger full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I enjoyed particularly how my team were helpful and always cheered when there were hard times Good pay but not the best one to break my back Nice free events with cheap wines and food, I've got sick from Pret parties Free food as staff food, healthy yes, but after a while you can't live with just sandwiches, ready food is never that healthy, healthier a portion of chicken soup made from me I bet!

Cons

Well, I'm sick with fit notes from doctors and Pret since this year, I guess, doesn't pay anymore for sicknesses, now I need to fill up the statutory sick form to send to a job center, it would be fair enough but my manager doesn't know how to fill the spot where it is asked why Pret doesn't pay me... That's quite weird then I have to struggle to see my money and therefor to pay the rent...what an unprofessional... company I can tell... Not paid overtime Abuse of power most part of the times (I felt on my skin few times) Incorrect wadges, my management doesn't know what is a calculator or how to read a rota correctly

Advice to Management

If you want to make our life harder just do it in the correct way, I'm really disappointed with some events that are happened in this last few months in Pret, you should cope a bit better and in-charge with responsibilities someone who actually know what are the real rules, laws and policies, Pret does rules for itself but it doesn't mean that you have the right to don't follow the ones made from doctors or the... state, management in my shop has a lack of professionalism.

Pret A Manger2014-10-13
  1. "Time doesnt go at all"

Current Employee - Team Member in Heathrow, England

I have been working at Pret A Manger full-time for less than a year

Pros

Free food, flexibility, weekly pay, bonus, great management

Cons

Boring job, breaks too early

Pret A Manger2019-09-22
  2. "Good"

Former Employee - Team Member in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Pret A Manger full-time for less than a year

Pros

Payment on time good n fun environment

Cons

Low salary,they don t pay overtime although they ask you to work overtime regularly at least at Oxford street pret

Advice to Management

Pay the overtimes

Pret A Manger2019-10-09

Discover more reviews about Pret A Manger.