Pret A Manger - Overworked, high expectations, no recognition | Glassdoor.co.uk
Pros
Cons
  • "Flustered team members add to the chaos" (in 30 reviews)

• "Office culture is working really really long hours" (in 25 reviews)

Employee Review

Employee Review

"Overworked, high expectations, no recognition"

Pros

Money is better than competitors, paid breaks, free food while at work, and good 50% discount when not at work.

Cons

Manager at my shop treated everyone really poorly. Expect you to stay longer to complete your job for free when not enough time is given. Constantly missing hours from extra shifts taken. Have to ask every week to see if they have repaid those hours and in some cases takes months to chase back.

Advice to Management

When a current staff member quits Pret, the head office should find out why they have left via a survey or questionaire. If they did this in my shop the manager would have been sacked a long time ago.

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

1. "barista"

Current Employee - Barista in London, England
    Current Employee - Barista in London, England

I have been working at Pret A Manger full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

great company to develop and salaries are the best among the coffee shops

Cons

if you get stuck in a bussy shop you will never get develop

due to the constant staff turnover

best advice start In a shop not so close to the centre and move in

"I regret working there ...(dont go)"

Former Employee - Team Member in London, England
    Former Employee - Team Member in London, England

I worked at Pret A Manger part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I was working at Pret for 3 months only because I just couldn't take it anymore and it wasn't only me that was thinking the same !

The only two good things:
    -Paid breaks
    -Free Food

Cons

-Team Leader who was working with me during the weekends (I was a part timer) was very rude to me , calling me stupid etc. , making me feel like I know nothing about anything and putting me down all the TIME. (with manager around she was changing into this nice bubbly lovely person and everyone knows why)
    -There is a a HUGE pressure on having a BUZZ in the shop, which made me feel like a clown and also in my opinion made very fake atmosphere in the shop.
    -You have to complete countless duties (especially when closing) in very very short period of time and I got shouted at if I didn't make it (for example: clean and mop the floor, bins, wash trays, clean toilet and chemical room all in HALF AN HOUR - still has to be perfectly clean)
    -Bonus that you are getting could've be taken away for many stupid reasons so don't be fooled into thinking that if you are qualified team member you are safe !
    -Pressure on the Mystery Shopper and getting it 100% correctly if you serve him/her (if you miss it you are loosing your bonus)
    -You have to FLY around in order to prepare sandwitches and everything else in a way they want it and they want it to be PICTURE PERFECT at the same time.

And I also ''love'' how the company itself tries so hard to create this friendly enviroment for the employers by putting these sweet posters around etc. etc. when in reality it is very miserable and stressfull place to work for !

Advice to Management

People working in your company are not robots with smiles on their faces 24/7 !!!

Discover more reviews about Pret A Manger.