Pret A Manger - I regret working there ...(dont go) | Glassdoor.co.uk
Pros
Cons
  • "Flustered team members add to the chaos" (in 30 reviews)

• "Office culture is working really really long hours" (in 25 reviews)

Employee Review

Employee Review

"I regret working there ...(dont go)"

Former Employee - Team Member in London, England
Former Employee - Team Member in London, England

I worked at Pret A Manger part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I was working at Pret for 3 months only because I just couldn't take it anymore and it wasn't only me that was thinking the same !

The only two good things:
-Paid breaks
-Free Food

Cons

-Team Leader who was working with me during the weekends (I was a part timer) was very rude to me , calling me stupid etc. , making me feel like I know nothing about anything and putting me down all the TIME. (with manager around she was changing into this nice bubbly lovely person and everyone knows why)
-There is a a HUGE pressure on having a BUZZ in the shop, which made me feel like a clown and also in my opinion made very fake atmosphere in the shop.
-You have to complete countless duties (especially when closing) in very very short period of time and I got shouted at if I didn't make it (for example: clean and mop the floor, bins, wash trays, clean toilet and chemical room all in HALF AN HOUR - still has to be perfectly clean)
-Bonus that you are getting could've be taken away for many stupid reasons so don't be fooled into thinking that if you are qualified team member you are safe !
-Pressure on the Mystery Shopper and getting it 100% correctly if you serve him/her (if you miss it you are loosing your bonus)
-You have to FLY around in order to prepare sandwitches and everything else in a way they want it and they want it to be PICTURE PERFECT at the same time.

And I also ''love'' how the company itself tries so hard to create this friendly enviroment for the employers by putting these sweet posters around etc. etc. when in reality it is very miserable and stressfull place to work for !

Advice to Management

People working in your company are not robots with smiles on their faces 24/7 !!!

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Cashier"

Former Employee - Cashier in London, England
    Former Employee - Cashier in London, England

I worked at Pret A Manger part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Loved it! Great to meet people and work in a supportive, professional environment. everyone is very supportive and encouraging of each other.

Cons

long hours sometimes and last minute rotar changes. Worked 7 days straight before I had one day off and this happened more than once.

Advice to Management

keep up the great work!

"Worst company to work for"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in London, England
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in London, England

I worked at Pret A Manger full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Pret was the best company 10 years ago, they were more about the people and it was beat place to work

Cons

now the company is just about the profit also it is run like mafia organisation where it is about who you know, the team member are over worked and managers are always working with fear, the way the company is going it will not last long.

Advice to Management

Get back to basic, care about the team and always listen to the little people, also be open and get rid of some top management who are so corrupt.

Discover more reviews about Pret A Manger.