Pret A Manger - Working at pret | Glassdoor.co.uk
Pros
Cons
  • "I'm often on shifts where team members are talking to each other in front of me in polish" (in 26 reviews)

• "Sometimes working extra long hours and extra days in the week" (in 23 reviews)

Employee Review

Employee Review

"Working at pret"

Pros

free breakfast and lunch for employees
Reasonable pay

Cons

Lack of accountability
One locker room for boys and girls
Poor management

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

"Lots of culture"

I worked at Pret A Manger (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working inside an open space office. Easy to communicate during the day with other departments.

Cons

Learned from mistakes not risks.

Advice to Management

Build stronger independence with the U.S. Market than grabbing solution straight from the U.K. Markets.

"Good Company Bad management"

Former Employee - Chef
    Former Employee - Chef

I worked at Pret A Manger full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The co-workers are great some have become long term friends. Sometimes head office stops by to say "hi". You see the CEO and presidents quite often which is awesome. Ops manager stops by around once or twice a week just to say hi and knows most of the employes in the store by name. The company gives you a free lunch and the pay is pretty good at start (around $10-$11). You get to learn a lot about food and food safety. If you want to get a "key role" position they give you a book that gives you a checklist of how to be great for the position you are trying to graduate into. Some managers are down to earth and you could end up being friends with a few of them.

Cons

After being in the company for almost 4 years. I had to leave because of a new manager. I had to switch up my schedule to attend college. It was not a problem before with recent managers but with this new one it cost me the job. Even though I was unable to work certain days or hours I was available enough to make 40+ hours. This manager took it as a opportunity to give me the bare minimum of 20 hours (4 hours each day bare minimum under Law). Like really? who can live off of 20 hours? After discussing the situation the new manager basically said I might get 24 hours ... no need to discuss further. Being a hard worker and having maybe 4 write ups never going past a 2nd warning I don't see why I was treated like this. It was not due to the store lacking in profit because all the other employes was making 32+ hours, some even overtime. A manager can make or break you in this company I have seen others go just because the manager did not like them.

Getting promoted in the company seems to be falling apart when I got my position the training was top notch, they used to have workshops and feed back from another manger who would look over your progress but they did away with that and now just give you a book.

Discover more reviews about Pret A Manger.