Publicis Health - The people are great, but the work culture is CRAP | Glassdoor.co.uk

"The people are great, but the work culture is CRAP"

Former Employee - Account Manager in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Publicis Health full-time for more than a year

Pros

Publicis Health is a fantastic place to build your skill set and learn about medical communications. The exposure to clients and intense project management provides a place to learn from the best and develop in this field.

Cons

It is clear that some agencies within PHUK are better equipped than others and it is sad to see that some teams struggle to keep junior staff who are new to this busy industry. Some agencies, such as Real Science, have most junior members working 9 hour days working through their lunch hour, resulted in feeling overwhelmed. Across the entire floor however, many people, especially those new to the industry, overwork,... burn out out and either leave, or stay to end up resenting a place who puts little value on degree-educated individuals. The rushed nature in the client and writing team’s work results in a bad experience for all involved and while they need more people to carry the load, the turnover rate prevents a stable, happy team from forming (or lasting long!) Lastly, it seems they take way too long to promote those who are well deserving, so people end up leaving instead of growing with Publicis, which is a shame. There is structure and progression paths in place, but no common sense used to meet the needs of the employee.

Advice to Management

I think they could improve if senior management encouraged employees to work normal hours (not 8:30 - 6:30 without a lunch), take a lunch hour (not at your desk), enforce flexi time, and use duvet days. Otherwise, without a bonus scheme, the +50 hr work week and the lack of sanity is just not worth it.

Publicis Health2018-01-30
  1. "Very nice company, friendly environment and great benefits."

Current Employee - Quality Assurance Specialist in East Hanover, NJ

I have been working at Publicis Health full-time for more than a year

Pros

The management team is very friendly and professional.

Cons

Not much chance for advancement.

Publicis Health2019-08-09
  2. "Great Company...Miss Working There."

Former Employee - Senior Producer in New York, NY

I worked at Publicis Health full-time for more than a year

Pros

The culture and atmosphere. Teams generally worked hard to be supportive of my role and would take the time to communicate well. My role always has challenges, so almost each person tried very hard to make it easier.

Cons

I was with Medicus, then Digitas Health supported Heartbeat for a period of time and came back to Medicus. They were unfortunately barely breathing and basically Digitas Health was pretty much stalled. I feel the market changed and we missed it, and a number of client expectations in that time.

Advice to Management

I loved it there, great office and people. Hopefully, the leadership continues to have great foresight with future opportunities.

Publicis Health2019-12-09

Discover more reviews about Publicis Health.