Publicis Health - A fantastic company with lots to offer. | Glassdoor.co.uk

Employee Review

Employee Review

"A fantastic company with lots to offer."

Current Employee - Account Executive in London, England
Current Employee - Account Executive in London, England

I have been working at Publicis Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It’s a fast-paced environment, with amazing employees and opportunities to learn something new everyday. A rewarding job, where a love of helping people and working in science can be combined with project management skills.

Cons

A busy environment which can sometimes become stressful if you don’t quickly learn how to prioritise tasks and ask for support from your team.

Advice to Management

It would be amazing to have a clearer distinction between the specific tasks to be undertaken in each role - to ensure that everyone knows what is expected of them, and how to progress to higher levels more quickly. This would also be particularly helpful for new starters to learn what their responsibilities are and to learn what they can delegate upwards.

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

"The people are great, but the work culture is CRAP"

Former Employee - Account Manager in London, England
    Former Employee - Account Manager in London, England

I worked at Publicis Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Publicis Health is a fantastic place to build your skill set and learn about medical communications. The exposure to clients and intense project management provides a place to learn from the best and develop in this field.

Cons

It is clear that some agencies within PHUK are better equipped than others and it is sad to see that some teams struggle to keep junior staff who are new to this busy industry. Some agencies, such as Real Science, have most junior members working 9 hour days working through their lunch hour, resulted in feeling overwhelmed. Across the entire floor however, many people, especially those new to the industry, overwork, burn out out and either leave, or stay to end up resenting a place who puts little value on degree-educated individuals.

The rushed nature in the client and writing team’s work results in a bad experience for all involved and while they need more people to carry the load, the turnover rate prevents a stable, happy team from forming (or lasting long!)

Lastly, it seems they take way too long to promote those who are well deserving, so people end up leaving instead of growing with Publicis, which is a shame. There is structure and progression paths in place, but no common sense used to meet the needs of the employee.

Advice to Management

I think they could improve if senior management encouraged employees to work normal hours (not 8:30 - 6:30 without a lunch), take a lunch hour (not at your desk), enforce flexi time, and use duvet days. Otherwise, without a bonus scheme, the +50 hr work week and the lack of sanity is just not worth it.

Publicis Health Response

9 Feb 2018 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write a review – we really value your honest feedback.

A healthy work-life balance is something we strive for at Publicis Health and we take your concerns very... More

"Real Science = real opportunities"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Publicis Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Real Science is a friendly company where employees are treated as individuals and the management are genuinely invested in their wellbeing, growth and development. I have worked in a number of agencies over the years and this is by far the one that focuses most on its people.
    - Standards and expectations are high. For me, this is one of the biggest plus points because it means I can be proud of what we do. Only last week, a senior-level client said the following about one of our pieces of work: "To say I am blown away would be an understatement." This is the kind of feedback I love to receive and there are many more similar examples I could give.
    - The environment is highly collaborative, both between junior and senior members of the team, and between the account handling and writing functions.
    - People are promoted on merit and not length of service, and many of our staff have risen through the ranks in recognition of the growth in their skills and experience.
    - As part of the Publicis network, we benefit from exposure to a wide range of specialities outside of medical education, including advertising, PR and digital, meaning we develop a broader understanding of our industry than we would at an independent medical education agency.
    - There are ample opportunities for learning at all levels - there are dedicated training programmes for both the junior and senior levels; we hold regular lunch and learns with our sister agencies who sit in the same building; and there are a large number of highly talented and experienced individuals who are happy to give their time and share their knowledge with anybody who is interested.
    - We have a good sense of humour - sometimes it's more subtle than that of our bolder advertising colleagues but it's definitely there!
    - In short, Real Science has the best of both worlds: the feel of a small company with the opportunities afforded by a large network.

Cons

- Sometimes communication within the agency could be better (though in all honesty, this is the case in every med comms agency I have worked in - somewhat ironic!)
    - We are constrained by some of the rules and regulations that come hand-in-hand with being part of a large network

Discover more reviews about Publicis Health.