Publicis Health - Why I love my job at Real Science | Glassdoor.co.uk

Employee Review

Employee Review

"Why I love my job at Real Science"

Current Employee - Senior Medical Writer in West Kensington, England
Current Employee - Senior Medical Writer in West Kensington, England

I have been working at Publicis Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

• Focus on people – many agencies/networks claim to be people focused and invested in the development of its employees, but I’ve found that few actually live it! Real Science comprises some of the most talented people in the business; this and the incredibly supportive yet challenging work environment really enables you to grow professionally and do the best work of your career
• Real Science a really fun place to work and there is a great sense of team spirit; it definitely has a small-agency feel but with the opportunities that a larger network can provide e.g. career flexibility within the group, exposure to amazing creative work done by the advertising teams which provide daily inspiration! Real Science also has a really open culture – it feels like we all play a role in shaping the agency

Cons

• As with any agency, it is deadline-driven and there are busy periods, but this is always acknowledged and appreciated by the senior leadership team
• There could be greater flexibility bringing in additional resource to support during busy periods

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

"A fantastic company with lots to offer."

Current Employee - Account Executive in London, England
    Current Employee - Account Executive in London, England

I have been working at Publicis Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It’s a fast-paced environment, with amazing employees and opportunities to learn something new everyday. A rewarding job, where a love of helping people and working in science can be combined with project management skills.

Cons

A busy environment which can sometimes become stressful if you don’t quickly learn how to prioritise tasks and ask for support from your team.

Advice to Management

It would be amazing to have a clearer distinction between the specific tasks to be undertaken in each role - to ensure that everyone knows what is expected of them, and how to progress to higher levels more quickly. This would also be particularly helpful for new starters to learn what their responsibilities are and to learn what they can delegate upwards.

"The people are great, but the work culture is CRAP"

Former Employee - Account Manager in London, England
    Former Employee - Account Manager in London, England

I worked at Publicis Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Publicis Health is a fantastic place to build your skill set and learn about medical communications. The exposure to clients and intense project management provides a place to learn from the best and develop in this field.

Cons

It is clear that some agencies within PHUK are better equipped than others and it is sad to see that some teams struggle to keep junior staff who are new to this busy industry. Some agencies, such as Real Science, have most junior members working 9 hour days working through their lunch hour, resulted in feeling overwhelmed. Across the entire floor however, many people, especially those new to the industry, overwork, burn out out and either leave, or stay to end up resenting a place who puts little value on degree-educated individuals.

The rushed nature in the client and writing team’s work results in a bad experience for all involved and while they need more people to carry the load, the turnover rate prevents a stable, happy team from forming (or lasting long!)

Lastly, it seems they take way too long to promote those who are well deserving, so people end up leaving instead of growing with Publicis, which is a shame. There is structure and progression paths in place, but no common sense used to meet the needs of the employee.

Advice to Management

I think they could improve if senior management encouraged employees to work normal hours (not 8:30 - 6:30 without a lunch), take a lunch hour (not at your desk), enforce flexi time, and use duvet days. Otherwise, without a bonus scheme, the +50 hr work week and the lack of sanity is just not worth it.

Publicis Health Response

9 Feb 2018 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write a review – we really value your honest feedback.

A healthy work-life balance is something we strive for at Publicis Health and we take your concerns very... More

Discover more reviews about Publicis Health.