Rainmaker Consulting - Best at what they do | Glassdoor.co.uk

Employee Review

Employee Review

"Best at what they do"

I worked at Rainmaker Consulting full-time

Pros

A lot of skills and ideas I use in my job today I can trace back to my time Rainmaker. The confidence to pick up the phone to anyone no matter how senior for one. Over the last five years, working in new business, we’ve kept in touch and our paths have crossed a few times at different agencies I’ve worked. they’re probably the best at what they do.

Cons

I look back on my time fondly, but it wasn’t the easiest job I’ve had. Standards were high and not long out of uni it was a bit of a shock to the system!

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

"Excited for 2018"

Current Employee - Client Partner
    Current Employee - Client Partner

I have been working at Rainmaker Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Right now, Rainmaker feels like an exciting place to be. Having worked here for over a year now, I do recognise a couple of the criticisms past employees have made on here, but they’re not an accurate reflection of what it’s like to work here now. Since the new MD took over at the end of last year, energy levels, the calibre of people and the results we’re delivering to clients have all seen a significant improvement and as a result, people are far more engaged and passionate about their work (myself included!).

Cons

Implementing new ways of doing things and driving up standards can be stressful at times, and not everyone is able to raise their game. We have parted ways with a few people I got on well with, but ultimately it’s been necessary.

Advice to Management

Keep going. People need to feel that things are constantly evolving and improving so let’s not take our foot off the gas. I’d also like to see some more music / cultural outings like the visit to The Globe.

"Shelf life - which I learnt all too late."

I worked at Rainmaker Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Fantastic place to kick start a career in New Biz for a young, inexperienced AE. You learn so much so quickly, which is completely invaluable within the industry.
    - Exposure at any level to a wide variety of marketing services disciplines and opportunity to be involved on diverse campaigns. No day is the same.
    - Builds resilience. New Biz is a tough world and only few are cut out for it.
    - Easy to build a great social network, especially when I first joined. Real sense of community.

Cons

- You employ human beings. Treat them with respect. We are not cogs in a machine. There was little to no understanding / room for improvement, it was do or die and be castigated for not performing. Yes, it is a sales role, but sadly this was missold to a vast majority of new starters.
    - Unfair advantage to 'favourites' in the company. Give everybody the opportunity to shine and understand where people could improve rather that writing them off. When I first joined there was a much stronger sense of development and nurturing which has sadly been lost.
    - Little to no emotional / personal support, likely due to the fact there is no HR function. If you have issues to raise with your line manager, it will have to be TO your line manager.
    - Management is in total disarray. One week someone is in charge calling the shots, or there is a team in place to support on a professional level, the next week they don't exist and the roles have changed or disappeared. Roles are divvied up and then taken away. It's weird. And totally unsettling for people that join at any level.
    - Overselling job promotions just to keep staff, when in essence honest conversations should have been had about state of the business and future of certain roles.

Advice to Management

This has been a really difficult review, and in a way would have liked to have written two. The last 6 months of my career TOTALLY changed my view and opinion of the company - and so my advice if you want to take heed:
    - Nurture your staff. Love and support them. They are your brand and they are human. Who are you without a brand?
    - Reinstate a training level. This is invaluable and relieves other members of staff who shouldn't have to bear the burden. AEs need to know they have someone they can regularly talk to, rely on, use as a soundboard, and ultimately who is responsible for their development. I can't believe I'm saying this but a job is a two way street - we are not there to give you everything and receive nothing in return.
    - Be honest. I've seen too many members of staff, including myself, continually lied to - whether that be about responsibility, remuneration or the company itself. Liars live long in the memory and the more you are you deceitful to the next generation of staff (at any level), the more likely it is you'll be castigated in the long term. This industry talks, and it is spreading like wildfire.

Discover more reviews about Rainmaker Consulting.