1. "Neutral"

2.0
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Relief International full-time

Pros

What makes RI special are the people who work there (entry-level + mid-management). Everyone is compassionate and the work atmosphere is friendly.

Cons

The organization is sadly mismanagement. Pay scales are not universal across the organization.

Relief International Response

September 7, 2017

Dear Writer, Thank you for taking the time to reflect on your experience with RI. We are glad that you found your experience working with RI employees a rewarding and fulfilling one! We have employees from across the globe and this is what makes our workforce unique, fun, and diverse. In response to your feedback related to pay scales, RI benchmarks its salary scales for all field and head offices on an annual basis to ensure that our staff are paid at market rates. This is a key approach that has successfully contributed to the low turnover rate we have at RI. We also have a policy that provides guidance to managers and employees on how decisions related to compensation are made. Our compensation philosophy is to have a reward system that is internally equitable and externally competitive. Having said so, there is no such thing as a “universal pay scale”. RI operates in about 15 countries that means about 15 different labor markets with 15 different salary scales. Although the terminology might sound attractive, having a “universal salary scale” means that the origination may need to spend more of the donors’ funds to pay high compensation just to misuse the concept of equity by paying similar salaries to employees from different labor markets. We thank you once for your feedback. Please feel free to contact us with other questions or concerns at AskHR@ri.org.

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Great environment in spite of the challenges"

5.0

I have been working at Relief International full-time for more than a year

Pros

Employee friendly, opportunities to visit the field, and move internally.

Cons

Very limited resources. The workload can be overwhelming at times.

Continue reading
  2. "Lots going on with little guidance"

2.0
    Former Intern - Health Intern in Washington, DC
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Relief International for less than a year

Pros

I learned a lot as an intern. I had to learn how to utilize innovative global health programs used for analyzing the effectiveness of global health interventions. It was exciting stuff!

Cons

My supervisor was never in the office. I saw him my first day and my last day. I was basically on my own and had to learn everything by myself for a project that I was told I would have to work on over the summer. There were other people in the office who were there to help, but in reality I had no direct line of communication with anyone.

Discover more reviews about Relief International.