1. "Okay, but could have been much better"

Former Employee - Program Manager

I worked at Relief International full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Work alongside some really dedicated, capable and interesting people - Appears to be a good internal online training scheme - Global and regional offices can be really supportive, if country management bothered to introduce you properly and explain their role - Left to get on with job with minimal interference most of the time - Benefits package was generally one of the better ones compared to other NGOs in town. - Some really good work going on.

Cons

- Contract was terminated early when funding ran out, despite repeatedly voicing the need to secure alternative funding to country management for almost 5 months. - Poor internet in field location limited ability to access training resources, emails, and everything that would make your job a lot smoother. - Internal financial systems were a nightmare to deal with: was expected to know exactly how much money had been spent on budget but nothing was reported formally and directly until up to 6 weeks after, with minimal support or meaningful help from finance otherwise. - Technical program management were ignored or worse not even consulted on program proposals, leading to bad programming that they were expected to then implement with little notice. - Issues of favoritism, lack of professionalism etc from country director. - Received practically zero professional development in 7 months.

Continue reading

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Great environment in spite of the challenges"

5.0

I have been working at Relief International full-time for more than a year

Pros

Employee friendly, opportunities to visit the field, and move internally.

Cons

Very limited resources. The workload can be overwhelming at times.

Continue reading
  2. "Lots going on with little guidance"

2.0
    Former Intern - Health Intern in Washington, DC
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Relief International for less than a year

Pros

I learned a lot as an intern. I had to learn how to utilize innovative global health programs used for analyzing the effectiveness of global health interventions. It was exciting stuff!

Cons

My supervisor was never in the office. I saw him my first day and my last day. I was basically on my own and had to learn everything by myself for a project that I was told I would have to work on over the summer. There were other people in the office who were there to help, but in reality I had no direct line of communication with anyone.

Discover more reviews about Relief International.