Employee Review

1. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Engineering excellence ruined by toxic product culture

Mar 24, 2021 - Senior Product Manager in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Engineers are experienced and genuinely interested in building a good product. If you don't have a technical background, you will pick up a lot of new knowledge. The product moves very quickly and your work can have an impact of millions of people who use the product every day. Everyone is very motivated and hard-working, even if that motivation is driven by fear.

Cons

The company is only interested in making money. There is zero interest in understanding or solving customer problems, even when those problems are caused by our product. The approach to problem solving is totally top-down and backwards from the rest of the industry. You will not learn anything at Revolut about product development that will be applicable at other companies that are customer-oriented. You will only learn how to survive at Revolut. On a personal level, it really is a toxic workplace without trust or mutual respect. I think a lot of my colleagues are happy with their jobs because they believe the compensation is good and the experience will further their career, but I do not know a single person who enjoys their work whatsoever. Diversity is also a major issue. Less than 10% of managers are women. Fix this. Finally, the equity compensation system was changed recently and new hires should understand that it is much less beneficial than before. If you are considering taking a job at Revolut, read the fine print carefully and push for cash.

Continue reading
    37 people found this review helpful

Revolut Response

Hello, thank you for telling us about your experience. You are right about the commitment of our engineers. We're proud of their dedication. We take all reviews seriously and would like to set some things straight. Firstly we should be clear that everyone at Revolut is very focused on delivering the best possible customer experience. We have feedback loops across our business to pick up and resolve issues so that we can deliver the best possible product for our customers. Revolut is committed to fostering diversity including in developing more women leaders. The proportion of women managers is several times the percentage you cite and we hope that our Women in Leadership programme will increase the proportions of women coming into leadership roles. We're sorry if you don't find your workplace supportive. We want everyone to feel good at work and we'd recommend that you raise your concerns through our internal channels to see if we can improve things. Lastly, we want working at Revolut to be rewarding in every way. Our growth shares scheme was designed with the advice of external experts to be the best way we could ensure that employees could share in Revolut's future success while minimising their tax penalties. You can find more details in Confluence. Thank you for getting in touch.

1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great company

Jul 22, 2021 - Junior Account Executive in Plano, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible hours, great benefits, just entered US market so great growth potential.

Cons

Cold calls, work from home so less team interaction.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Terrible Ideologies

Mar 2, 2021 - Senior Recruiter
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Worked with smart and passionate people, a bunch of GO GET EMS & DOERS! -Had really reliable team members, everyone was easy to collaborate with. -Recruiting teams were able to get tools or whatever they needed without a huge budget restriction.

Cons

-The executive leadership team at HQ are deep into the weeds with recruiting and building culture and they shouldn't be because they are really bad at it. -This company doesn't give an autonomy and accountability to the people they hire. -One of the leadership team members admitted that he doesn't like to hire women for leadership roles because they are wired differently. It's ironic because without any woman in the leadership team, they seem to lack a whole lot of emotional intelligence, which in studies it is proven that women have this edge over men. -What boggles my mind is that this executive has been blatantly misogynistic since he's been hired and hasn't suffered any repercussions from the things he says (to women on Slack), in fact, he's been promoted!

Continue reading
    58 people found this review helpful

Revolut Response

Hi there, thank you for telling us about your experience. We see that you were a Recruiter, so thank you for helping build our team. We're glad that you enjoyed the team you were part of. As you highlight we take recruiting seriously - right from the top of the company. We want to make very clear thta Revolut is an equal opportunities employer and that we are keen to increase the diversity of our leadership. We are proud to have more than 80 nationalities in our workforce and we have targets to improve the proportion of women in our leadership and a “Women in Leadership” programme to try to accelerate progress in this area. Any allegation of misogyny would be investigated and acted on. Again, thank you for your contributions to our teams. We wish you the best in your next role.

Discover more reviews about Revolut.