1. "Amazing and rewarding company to work for!"

5.0
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Robert Walters full-time for more than a year

Pros

Awesome colleagues, fun and team-focused work environment, weekly happy hours, and overall just a great company that cares about you, your growth, and your future! I began working at Robert Walters closely after college in an admin role, and it's the perfect place to jump start your career, especially if you are interested in recruitment. Your work and efforts are always rewarded, recognized, and appreciated.

Cons

A few outdated and old school processes

Continue reading

"A place for hustlers looking for strong career training and development"

5.0
    Current Employee - Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Robert Walters full-time for more than a year

Pros

Robert Walters is a great place to launch you career in recruitment. The training process for new hires is top-notch, but employee development does not just stop after your first few months. The firm takes great responsibility in staying up to date with industry trends and providing resources to enable consultants at all levels to develop a consultative dialogue with clients and candidates. Awesome people, small (but growing!) office where everyone is welcomed and encouraged.

Cons

Recruitment is all about resilience. Management will support you towards achieving your goals, but there's no hand-holding in the business. As a new hire it can be a little overwhelming, but putting in the time and using the tools you're given in training will help you be successful.

Continue reading

"Good career start but needs to invest in improving culture and work/life balance."

2.0
    Current Employee - Consultant in San Francisco, CA
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Robert Walters full-time

Pros

Good place to kick-start career if you have little to no experience. Clear growth trajectory and good training for new starters.

Cons

Poor work/life balance - Employees are expected to work overtime regularly, come in early and stay late. There's no flexibility when it comes to hours and you will face resistance when taking sick time or WFH (in regular times, employees often come into the office sick due to this). Little understanding for employees with long commutes, special circumstances, outside commitments, etc. Considering the office is based in SF, there are many other comparable companies with much better work/life culture. Very KPI driven - High pressure and competitive environment (it’s a sales role), although this is to be expected in an agency setting such as this. Inexperienced management - Most managers have worked their way up in the business and have no outside experience. Not very understanding and at times can be unprofessional. Need to invest more here and train managers in good HR practices. Outdated technology - Workflow is slowed down because of regular tech issues and lack of support. Internal software is dated and difficult to use.

Robert Walters Response

June 1, 2020Human Resources

Thanks for your review. I appreciate you being so thorough in your feedback, even if I was disappointed to read much of it. First, I take on board your point about our technology/systems, and I can assure you that we are working on this and that it’s a top priority for the business. Second, you’re right – this is a commercial environment and every member of our team needs to be a high performer, but I also think we reward that hard work with trust, autonomy and as much flexibility as we can. And I’m personally very proud that we’re able to offer our staff a path to management — that’s why we’ve partnered with a market-leading management training firm to develop our managers and ensure we always follow HR best practices. That said, I would never endorse any action by any manager that put the health and wellbeing of our people at risk. I really value the culture we’ve built here, and I want every member of our team to get the support that he/she needs. I’d appreciate the chance to speak to you privately and get some further details about your experience – in complete confidence, of course. Please feel free to email me and we can set something up. Thanks, Simon Bromwell Managing Director – North America

Discover more reviews about Robert Walters.