Robert Walters - Brilliant Company to Work For | Glassdoor.co.uk
  1. "Brilliant Company to Work For"

Current Employee - Manager in London, England

I have been working at Robert Walters full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

friendly environment excellent routes for progression meritocratic good mixture of work and fun excellent incentives brilliant training programmes

Cons

bonus is a lot better than some people make out but are not always as transparent as they could be tend to hire a lot of graduates which can be good but can also bring an immature element

Advice to Management

Focus more on the employees than the competition and always be as open and transparent as possible.

Robert Walters2018-10-15

"Supportive team that hustles"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in San Francisco, CA
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Robert Walters full-time for less than a year

Pros

It's a great office to get a start in recruiting especially if you haven't had prior experience. Before joining RW SF, I was in a technical industry with no recruitment experience. They have a great team that coaches you through their process to be efficient and successful. I really enjoyed the opportunity to work with some of the fastest growing startups in the Bay Area. I was exposed to different industries,... orgs, and leaderships that made me appreciate the value recruitment brings to these teams. This office is especially helpful to understand the SF market if you are a transplant and/or new to tech. Some of my favorite things about Robert Walters: - Great culture! They foster a collaborative culture where everyone is working together. People are always going out to events, HH, or just hanging out outside of work. - They teach you resilience. Recruiting can be tough sometimes but the team here is able to coach you through the lows so that you can come out on top while celebrating the highs so that you continue to chase that feeling. - The Robert Walters approach to recruitment is more strategic and high touch in comparison to other firms which is why the leadership here emphasizes quality over quantity. It really makes you take a step back to see the field as a chess board and how you can make the most out of each move. -

Cons

- They are currently in process of testing new platforms, but, during my time, their platform is pretty outdated. Don't get me wrong though! It works and works well, but it just isnt as intuitive and user friendly as some of the other software today. - This is still an agency and a sales job at the end of the day. You only get out as much as you put it and it can be tough. You have to hustle and have grit when... it comes to recruitment. This is not a startup where you can relax and get by. Although it is not KPI driven, there are other metrics of success which reflect your hustle.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great job! Understand your recruiters and how they learn / receive feedback.

Robert Walters2019-10-12
  2. "Employee"

Former Employee - Former Employee

I worked at Robert Walters full-time

Pros

Regular working day - light overtime

Cons

Routine work day - get the job done

Robert Walters2019-12-11

Discover more reviews about Robert Walters.