Rolls-Royce Motor Cars - Rolls Royce, the Pinnacle of Motor Car manufacturing is a very rewarding place to work. | Glassdoor.co.uk

Employee Review

Employee Review

"Rolls Royce, the Pinnacle of Motor Car manufacturing is a very rewarding place to work."

Current Employee - Assembly Associate in Chichester, England
Current Employee - Assembly Associate in Chichester, England

I have been working at Rolls-Royce Motor Cars full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Its a great place to work as its at the very top of the motor industry. Knowing that I have involvement in making the finest cars in the world is the biggest pro. When I tell friends and family I work there I cannot help but smile. its a very fair place to work and I get to meet a huge variety of people from all walks of life. With so many diverse opportunities here its easy to find the right career path to take and be happy with.

Cons

Challenges include the fact we are building these cars completely by hand, no robotic input, So finessing the final product to achieve the desired perfect results is sometimes hard. its also sometimes difficult to have the correct work-life balance due to meeting customer demands at particular times of the year. Training could be a little better, training sometimes happens on the job which makes meeting deadlines difficult sometimes.

Advice to Management

although our stand down time is there to follow the demands of our customers it can sometimes cause a bottleneck effect. It might be better to spread work load throughout the year a little more evenly so that we can ensure we are efficiently producing the best cars to the highest quality.

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Great place to work , gain new skills and experience"

Current Employee - Assembly Associate/Quality Inspector in Westhampnett, England

I have been working at Rolls-Royce Motor Cars full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Career opportunities.
    Excellent personal benefits like the pension schemes , bmw employee discounts , vehicle schemes
    Very good senior management, friendly and respectful to staff members
    Great teams of associates to work with.

Cons

The kiosk and canteen could be improved , especially the coffee :-)

Advice to Management

Kiosk and canteen on the assembly line break times available ONLY for associates especially on 15 min tea breakes. Waiting in the cue behind office staff takes the a major part of the short break.

2. "Great for experience, not so great for ambitions."

Former Intern - Intern in Chichester, England
    Former Intern - Intern in Chichester, England

I worked at Rolls-Royce Motor Cars as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

Great heritage, brilliant product. One in a lifetime chance of being driven in one. Great multi-cultural environment. Very relaxed work life. Very scenic although quite rural location.

Cons

Dominant bureaucracy, changes are not accepted lightly, the design and engineering is outsourced to BMW, Germany. More is discussed rather than acted upon. Progression from graduate to middle-management position takes about 7-10 years and requires fluency in German. Very little support provided.

Discover more reviews about Rolls-Royce Motor Cars.