Royal Household - Professional, best place to work in all aspects | Glassdoor.co.uk
  1. "Professional, best place to work in all aspects"

I worked at Royal Household for more than 3 years

Pros

Professional Amazing people to work with. Kind Represent well.

Cons

Gets very busy at times with stressful

Royal Household2018-06-02

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Loved it for a summer job."

Former Contractor - Visitor Services Assistant in London, England

I worked at Royal Household for less than a year

Pros

Fun, friendly, exciting place to work.

Cons

Do not lose your weekly timesheet!

Royal Household2019-03-11
  2. "A great stepping stone but good luck with development!"

Former Employee - IT Technician in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Royal Household full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Working at Buckingham Palace has its benefits and you make some great friends, a lot of decent people work hard to give a good social program and a select few staff members really do care about the individual and staff development. The fact that you get free lunch each day for working there is a big plus and the things you get to see inside are once in a lifetime opportunities. The location is a great thing too... and it looks good on your CV. My role allowed me to travel and see the other royal places and this was really fun to be able to do.

Cons

Unfortunately, attention to staff and their development is lacking in most departments and department heads are not given enough time in their workload to look after their team. Multiple people who I worked with and ones I weren’t in contact with so much told me they were changing jobs because of the lack of support for staff. Department senior staff are too old school and traditional and young people will not... thrive in this environment from what I have seen of how younger staff to me were treated. Salaries are low for the jobs they ask you to do and you could find yourself doing more than you think when you sign up, or dealing with headaches from the wispy tech! Other than the money and friends I don’t really have much else to show for my time here.

Advice to Management

- Pay your staff more. - Fix your old school technology! - Give people a reason to work for you and invest in your staff. - Improve HR Management and be less traditional.

Royal Household2019-09-05

Discover more reviews about Royal Household.