Employee Review

Former Employee

Procurement

Aug 7, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great for work/life balance, facilities in the workplace are good. Varied opportunities for those who wish to take them up

Cons

Should be more top down management - to embed processes and procedures - no one will conform if they are not told to. Important processes should be built into objectives. The lack of this makes BAU very difficult to achieve, when you rely on other departments to conform

Continue reading
    1 person found this review helpful

Royal London Response

Group CEO

Thanks for taking the time to contribute your review of working at Royal London which is very much appreciated. It sounds like you found that the procurement team was having trouble getting traction in some parts of the organisation and I think this is fair comment. We are working on aligning objectives and processes to remedy this but our culture isn't all command and control / top down. We believe in treating people like adults and explaining why it's important to work closely with procurement as well as put the controls in place. JFDI isn't the way we do things.

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

A truly great place to work!

Oct 15, 2021 - Business Resilience Lead in Alderley Park, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

I’m writing this review 4 months into my role with Royal London, and my overriding emotion is it’s such an amazing place to work! Genuinely, I could not be happier, everyone (at all levels) has been so welcoming and supportive. I’ve previously worked for organisations who claim to have values, but I can honestly say everyone I’ve met is living and breathing the Royal London values, which is amazing to experience. As with anyone starting at a new organisation during lockdown, it presented a number of challenges, however, the support from my Manager and team mates has been amazing and although I was home-working for the first 3 months, I definitely felt part of the Royal London family. Don’t get me wrong you have to be prepared to work and to deliver, however, Royal London has provided me with the right support network to enable me to deliver my responsibilities. Based on my first 4 months, I’d like to think I’m here for the long haul! And for anyone considering a role with Royal London - I don’t think you’ll be disappointed!

Cons

No cons to report so far.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Royal London Response

Group People Director

Thank you for leaving such fantastic feedback and welcome to Royal London! I am so pleased that you've had a supportive and positive start, and that you see our values being embedded in the business, both remotely and in person. Best of luck with the rest of your career at Royal London.

2. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Nice people, low pay

Oct 22, 2021 - Administration Assistant in Dublin, Dublin
    Business Outlook

Pros

Working with nice people, can work from home

Cons

On a very low salary after a number of years, long hours

Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Royal London.