"Procurement"

4.0
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Royal London full-time

Pros

Great for work/life balance, facilities in the workplace are good. Varied opportunities for those who wish to take them up

Cons

Should be more top down management - to embed processes and procedures - no one will conform if they are not told to. Important processes should be built into objectives. The lack of this makes BAU very difficult to achieve, when you rely on other departments to conform

Continue reading

August 7, 2017Group CEO

Thanks for taking the time to contribute your review of working at Royal London which is very much appreciated. It sounds like you found that the procurement team was having trouble getting traction in some parts of the organisation and I think this is fair comment. We are working on aligning objectives and processes to remedy this but our culture isn't all command and control / top down. We believe in treating people like adults and explaining why it's important to work closely with procurement as well as put the controls in place. JFDI isn't the way we do things.

1. "Brilliant company to work for, with a great work culture"

5.0
    Current Employee - Web Content Editor in Edinburgh, Scotland

I have been working at Royal London full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Working with open minded individuals, career progression, work/life balance

Cons

Don't think I can come up with any

August 10, 2020Group People Director

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. I’m delighted that you’re enjoying your working experience here at Royal London. We're really proud of our culture and it's great to see you recognise it as a benefit.

2. "Great company overall, but some room for improvement"

4.0
    Former Employee - Customer Service Consultant in Wilmslow, England

I worked at Royal London full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great holidays and pension, flexible working, shuttle bus service, nice working environment, lots of rewards and incentives for staff, opportunities for training and development

Cons

Cumbersome and inflexible HR department, below average salaries, company doesn't always value good employees

Continue reading

July 22, 2020Group People Director

Thank you for your feedback. It's great to see you mentioning many of our employee benefits as positives. I'm sorry you felt some of our HR processes are overly complicated and we're not getting reward right. We want everyone at Royal London to feel rewarded and recognised for the work they do and we want to make sure we provide as many progression opportunities available to our people as possible. I would love to chat to you about this to understand your experience.

Discover more reviews about Royal London.