"Fantastic Company"

5.0
    Current Employee - Business Trainer in Manchester, England, England

I have been working at Royal London full-time

Pros

Very inclusive and treats employees really well overall. Working hours are flexible and management is genuinely open to feedback

Cons

Certain departments could improve communication

June 29, 2020Group People Director

Thank you for your feedback. It’s great to hear that we’re delivering on our promise to make Royal London a great place to work.

1. "Recruitment process"

5.0
    Current Employee - Team Manager

I have been working at Royal London full-time

Pros

After being told I was successful in obtaining the role my manager and the HR department kept me updated with what was going on and how they were trying to get me in quickly Really good first impressions from some very friendly people

Cons

Nothing as I’ve just started my role

May 5, 2021Group People Director

Thank you so much for leaving a review and welcome to Royal London. We hope you enjoy your first few months with us.

"Not a bad place to work but promote values they don't fulfil"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Customer Service Agent in Wilmslow, England, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Royal London full-time for more than a year

Pros

The salary, benefits and hours are decent. Holiday allowance is more generous than others. The offices are nice, and staff are mostly friendly. You are encouraged to develop your skills through one to ones with managers.

Cons

It's not as bad as some call centres, there is no sales pressure, but when you start, the company talks a lot about their values and how important they are, when in practice they aren't. Communication between teams isn't great and teams seem to have issues with capacity, drafting other teams in for support without adequate training or knowledge. A lot positive language is used and you'll be told you're all doimg great and are appreciated, but it doesn't often feel like that so it comes across as empty platitudes. Most of their customers are old and many struggle on the phone, so dealing with enquiries you're not trained on, at short notice, with aging customers that have difficulty on the phone can be stressful. The customer experience is less a priority than making sure the call stats (calls answered/dropped) look good. Data protection is rightly a focus, but many customers struggle with data protection and might receive communication telling them to get in contact, but not why or with info on their policy to help them pass data protection on the call.

Continue reading

March 5, 2021Group People Director

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry you feel you did not have adequate training and support for certain aspects of your role. As you will appreciate, training remotely doesn’t allow as much for the all-important peer and experiential learning that we get from a face-to-face classroom environment. We are working on new learning technologies to help with this and of course we will look to return to physical learning as soon as we can. Please could I ask you to reach out to your People Leader or one of your trainers to share your experience so we can explore how we support you going forward. In these challenging times, supporting you, to in turn supporting our customers, is more critical than ever, so we’d be keen to hear your thoughts.

Discover more reviews about Royal London.