Employee Review

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

A brilliant company to work for!

May 14, 2021 - Customer Success Manager in London, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very good work life balance, genuine colleagues, fair managers and good opportunities

Cons

I have heard we are underpaid slightly in comparison to competitors and constantly ever year there can be a restructuring

1 person found this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Incredible place to work!

Jan 5, 2022 - Ratings Analyst in Centennial, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've been with S&P for over 3 years and I've been blown away with how much it genuinely feels like the company cares about their employees, especially ratings staff. The benefits are great, senior management frequently elicits feedback and they actually act on the information they are given (sometimes this can be slow, characteristic of a very large company, but others have been addressed very fast), culture of collaboration and learning is amazing, and I am supported by a great manager, mentor, and team leader which I think is reflective of the great quality employees who stay at S&P long term. I was encouraged to get an MBA and the company paid for the whole thing. The work can get a little tedious but I think it's something new and interesting everyday and couldn't be happier!

Cons

When I started here I was in an entry level operations role and the management was disengaged. The management structure in operations is to put the top performer in management which results in the team being less productive and nobody being managed well. I can't speak to any other division but if you are thinking about operations (ratings operation specialist is the role title I believe) I would go somewhere else. However, getting a job as an analyst can be challenging and working in operations was a great foot in the door for me. If you are young and don't have a lot of professional experience it may be worth a couple tough years if your work ethic allows you to stand out and be noticed by teams you may have interest in. Additionally, they have struggled with implementing quality, reliable technology systems and with managing a sustainable level of work load (especially since the onset of COVID). With that said they do have good work life balance in the sense that you are encouraged to take time off, prioritize your health and wellbeing, and if anything pops up in your personal life they are 100% there to support you.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Amazing company so far

Jan 4, 2022 - Associate Credit Analyst in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

I joined after a number of years on both the buy side and sell side. They're doing an amazing job of creating a positive learning environment (which I think is hugely valuable for one's long term development).

Cons

So far no issues at all

Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about S&P Global.