SCC - SCC are the ISIL of the employment world | Glassdoor.co.uk

Employee Review

Employee Review

"SCC are the ISIL of the employment world"

Pros

This is not meant to be a joke, its a true fact. SCC have no positives.

- Do not be fooled with fake positive reviews. Believe real employees and not the management making positive reviews to boost its rating and counter balance the reviews. Every single employee (other than management) are very unhappy. Always talk to an employee OFF the record before committing to SCC.

Cons

For many years i recieved absolutely diddly squat from this company
ZERO pay increases
ZERO positive guidance
ZERO pat on your backs or well dones
ZERO progessions (except made a grade 3 engineer without any pay rise, an attempt to string me along)
ZERO acknowledgement of hard work where ive gone above and beyond the call of duty.
ZERO anything positive, i am ashamed to have stayed for so long.

What i did get was
-Counselling forms (bullying tactic, a little like a school boy detention)
-Abuse in person or on the phone (so nothing is recorded, documented or witnessed)
-Meeting after meeting which only turns out to be a bullying meeting
-Lies after lies
-Nonsense after nonsense

What i did get for christmas 2014 though was a box of cheap biscuits. Maybe they are
thinking the biscuits work in the same way as a pay rise? A biscuit a year keeps the pay rises away?

You see like the managers, everyone is strung along and treated like a dog chasing the bone.
The management make out there is light at the end of the tunnel, they try string you along
with the 'GRADE 3' or 'CHAMPION ENGINEER' title with absolutely ZERO pay rise, credit or acknowledgement
for your hard work.

A real dirty, nasty bunch of people running this show. Try and combine Hitler, ISIL and nasy nick
from eastenders together. You have SCC.

Advice to Management

I do no negotiate with terrorists of the employment world.

SCC Response

5 Feb 2015 – SCC

Thank you for your review.

SCC is a large company with circa 2,000 people in the UK alone. Many are extremely happy and we're delighted that they are able to express it.

We're similarly... More

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

"You'll never be happy if you work here"

I worked at SCC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nice to speak with people that all have the same view of this company.

Cons

I wouldn't be surprised if the good reviews on here are a fix.
    The 3 years I worked at SCC were the worst 3 years of my life - should have gone with my instinct and left after the first day.
    Can only speak for the department I worked in but from speaking to others, I think everyone is in the same boat.
    No value, no pay rises, constant uncontrollable work load which means that no matter how hard you try, you will always provide terrible customer service.
    Expectation levels are deliberately unrealistic so they never have to reward you. All the good work will get brushed under the carpet and the second one little thing goes wrong they will come down on you like a tonne of bricks.
    I have friends that work in recruitment and even they say that SCC has a reputation for being such a bad company to work for.
    Avoid this company like the plague!

Advice to Management

There are a lot of hard workers at SCC. Give them some credit every once in a while.

SCC Response

5 Feb 2015 – SCC

Thank you for your review.

Glassdoor takes its posting policy very seriously and positive comments are more likely a reflection of the diverse set of roles and people we have within our... More

"Worst company I have ever had the pleasure to work for . Lied to in interview about job. Mafia Like workplace"

Former Employee - Team Manager in Birmingham, England
    Former Employee - Team Manager in Birmingham, England

I worked at SCC (Less than a year)

Pros

Some nice people work there.
    Salary is ok . To be honest finding positives is difficult

Cons

Old fashioned prejudice and racist. No concern for staff or wellbeing .Out dated management style .

Promise customers the world but do not deliver and do not care

Mafia management culture with bullying .

HR are truly dreadful and are very as managemt.

Advice to Management

This is 2015 not 1912 in a saw mill.

Discover more reviews about SCC.