SDL - Working at SDL is FANTASTIC. | Glassdoor.co.uk
Pros
Cons
  • "Work/life balance can be a problem for the consistent "doers" within the organization" (in 19 reviews)

• "Very long hours for not enough money - definitely not paid as well as in the industry" (in 18 reviews)

Employee Review

Employee Review

"Working at SDL is FANTASTIC."

Former Employee - Translator in Mumbai (India)
Former Employee - Translator in Mumbai (India)

I worked at SDL full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

According to me, SDL is best place to work. Environment and the infrastructure of SDL is suitable for work and career growth. SDL also provide the responsibilities to their employees according to their abilities, so they can perform batter.

Cons

Relatively understaffed which means you have more responsibilities.

Advice to Management

Good job Managers..... keep it up!

13 Nov 2018 – Executive Team

Thank you for adding your review. We value your feedback and wish you success in your chosen career.

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Work environment"

Current Employee - Lead Translator in Changsha, Hunan (China)
    Current Employee - Lead Translator in Changsha, Hunan (China)

I have been working at SDL full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule, great communication, reasonable workload, good welfare and long paid leaves.
    Managers are very helpful and have always responded to my emails promptly, and very nice when they do.
    There are regular trainings in place to improve ourselves. My efforts are always be recognized and I am happy to work here.

Cons

Flexible work place like work from home. I know company is developing it but hopefully it can be realized soon in terms of technically.

13 Nov 2018 – Executive Team

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We are happy to hear that on the whole you are happy at SDL.

We are always looking at ways to improve and do encourage a flexible working... More

2. "Great work environment"

I have been working at SDL full-time

Pros

The company has a great culture and great people which makes for a great environment to work in. Also, they are very supportive when it comes to career development within the company. Many training opportunities are offered.

Cons

Home office policy very selective and it has to be approved on case by case basis.

13 Nov 2018 – Executive Team

Thank you for adding your review, we are very proud of our culture and our people and agree that we have a great environment to work in.

We encourage a flexible working policy where often home... More

Discover more reviews about SDL.