"The people make it"

4.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at SGN full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Lovely people, good working conditions, supportive manager. I'm based in Scotland and have been working with the company for just over three years. I have the opportunity to travel to other depots and offices which is great. There is a good benefits site with discounts for most of the high street retailers. There is also a great employee app which you can access from your own tablet/phone. Good opportunities for development/training if you ask for it, though it's difficult to find out what's on offer. Lots of opportunities for moving into other roles, especially in projects.

Cons

Outdated processes (inc HR) but these are being modernised, along with new technologies. Pace of change can be slow. Holiday allocation could be better - maybe increase your holiday allowance in line with length of service which a lot of other companies do.

SGN Response

September 6, 2017Employee Experience Co-ordinator

Thanks for leaving a review – we really appreciate your positive feedback. It’s great to hear that you’ve had a good experience of working at SGN and we fully agree about all the fantastic people who work here. Glad also to hear you feel we’re good at developing our people and offering opportunities to progress. As you’d mentioned, there are lots of positive changes going on in our HR team at the moment, including a few new faces which is bringing a fresh new perspective.

"Currently team manager"

Current Employee - EMS Manager in England, AR

I have been working at SGN full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

# Pension, # over time # lots of training for field staff # good apprenticeship scheme

Cons

Senior management always interfering, no real career progression, big difference in payscales between D & C business for doing the same job

Continue reading
  2. "Good opportunity"

5.0
    Former Employee - Head of Environment and Sustainability in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at SGN full-time for more than a year

Pros

Can do attitude, lots of staff and support

Cons

Slow to change like trying to turn a large ship

Continue reading

Discover more reviews about SGN.