1. "A good place to work"

4.0

I have been working at SGN part-time

Pros

Nice people, interesting work, supportive line manager, opportunities for development. Not micro managed. Ideas get listened to.

Cons

Can be frustratingly slow. Office environment is not great. Lots of unnecessarily long and dull meetings. Lots of long reports to create and read.

Continue reading
    SGN2019-04-17

SGN Response

April 30, 2019Employee Experience Officer

Thanks so much for leaving us a review, we’re delighted you think SGN is a good place to work! We appreciate your advice and understand the pace of change can be frustrating, this is often due to the highly regulated nature of our work but we are committed to improving for our colleagues and our customers. And we’d encourage you to share your feedback about meetings with your line manager. It sounds like you’ve got a great manager who is receptive to feedback so it may be something they can act on.

"Currently team manager"

Current Employee - EMS Manager in England, AR

I have been working at SGN full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

# Pension, # over time # lots of training for field staff # good apprenticeship scheme

Cons

Senior management always interfering, no real career progression, big difference in payscales between D & C business for doing the same job

Continue reading
    SGN2017-04-04
  2. "Pipeline Engineer"

4.0
    Current Employee - Pipeline Engineer in Aberdeen, Scotland
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at SGN full-time

Pros

Good Staff and working environment. Good benefits

Cons

Pay too low. Not much job progression.

SGN2020-04-23

SGN Response

May 12, 2020Employee Experience Officer

Thank you for your recent review and for sharing your insights. Job progression is normally an area where we get lots of positive feedback but we understand progression in some areas can be quite limited and it's not always possible to achieve some aspirations. I would encourage you to speak to your manager or HR Manager to find out what development opportunities are available and how they might be able to support you. Work with your manager to set clear objectives, aligned with supporting your development. Best of luck!

Discover more reviews about SGN.