"Strong and stable, like the Conservative Party"

1.0

I have been working at SGN full-time

Pros

If you keep your head down and work hard, after a number of years you might be allowed to watch newer employees being rewarded.

Cons

What can I say that hasn't already been said? Go look at the other reviews for a more in depth summary.

SGN2019-05-10

SGN Response

May 28, 2019Employee Experience Officer

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. A number of our reviews have highlighted that there are lots of opportunities for progression and development at SGN. We have measures in place to make sure opportunities are awarded fairly but if you don’t think this is the case please raise your concerns to your manager. It could also be beneficial to speak with your manager about your career aspirations as they may be able to offer help and support to allow you to achieve these.

"Currently team manager"

Current Employee - EMS Manager in England, AR

I have been working at SGN full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

# Pension, # over time # lots of training for field staff # good apprenticeship scheme

Cons

Senior management always interfering, no real career progression, big difference in payscales between D & C business for doing the same job

Continue reading
    SGN2017-04-04
  2. "Pipeline Engineer"

4.0
    Current Employee - Pipeline Engineer in Aberdeen, Scotland
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at SGN full-time

Pros

Good Staff and working environment. Good benefits

Cons

Pay too low. Not much job progression.

SGN2020-04-23

SGN Response

May 12, 2020Employee Experience Officer

Thank you for your recent review and for sharing your insights. Job progression is normally an area where we get lots of positive feedback but we understand progression in some areas can be quite limited and it's not always possible to achieve some aspirations. I would encourage you to speak to your manager or HR Manager to find out what development opportunities are available and how they might be able to support you. Work with your manager to set clear objectives, aligned with supporting your development. Best of luck!

Discover more reviews about SGN.