1. "Great company and Team"

5.0
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at SGN full-time for less than a year

Pros

Everyone helps each other, I am treated like a grown up, SGN invest in me and support me with my professional ambitions. SGN support the outward bound trust and allow its employers to go away with the trust as a mentor to the students.

Cons

Company car process is a pain. Pool cars are of limited choice and you may be lumbered with it for a year or so. IT - delivery of equipment for new starters is slow which leaves them sitting on their thumbs a-bit in the first few weeks PPE - really slow but hopefully a new ordering process has sorted that one out

Continue reading
    SGN2019-05-10

SGN Response

May 28, 2019Employee Experience Officer

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We couldn’t agree with you more on the point about our people being our greatest asset. We have a number of great initiatives for our people to get involved in and the Outward Bound Trust is one example of this. As you highlighted, there are areas we can get quicker and smarter so I’ll be sure to pass your feedback on.

"Currently team manager"

Current Employee - EMS Manager in England, AR

I have been working at SGN full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

# Pension, # over time # lots of training for field staff # good apprenticeship scheme

Cons

Senior management always interfering, no real career progression, big difference in payscales between D & C business for doing the same job

Continue reading
    SGN2017-04-04
  2. "Pipeline Engineer"

4.0
    Current Employee - Pipeline Engineer in Aberdeen, Scotland
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at SGN full-time

Pros

Good Staff and working environment. Good benefits

Cons

Pay too low. Not much job progression.

SGN2020-04-23

SGN Response

May 12, 2020Employee Experience Officer

Thank you for your recent review and for sharing your insights. Job progression is normally an area where we get lots of positive feedback but we understand progression in some areas can be quite limited and it's not always possible to achieve some aspirations. I would encourage you to speak to your manager or HR Manager to find out what development opportunities are available and how they might be able to support you. Work with your manager to set clear objectives, aligned with supporting your development. Best of luck!

Discover more reviews about SGN.