1. "My Thoughts On SGN"

5.0
    Current Employee - Network Support Manager in Edinburgh, Scotland

I have been working at SGN full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Working here is interesting and keeps bringing new challenges. In my roll every day is different. I appreciate some rolls might not be as varied, however there are plenty of opportunities to progress and find new challenges within SGN. SGN is also making changes to the way we work and making our working practices fit for the present and future. This is proving to be an interesting and rewarding journey. Additionally over the next twenty or thirty years the UK gas industry could potentially see changes that are even more far reaching than the introduction of natural gas last century. I could not think of a more exciting industry to work in.

Cons

Change can bring worry, but it is better to view change as an opportunity.

Continue reading
    SGN2019-06-17

SGN Response

June 28, 2019Employee Experience Officer

Thanks very much for the five-star review! We couldn’t agree more that the gas industry is an exciting place to be! With the variety of roles on offer and plenty of opportunities for progression it’s the perfect time to join SGN!

"Currently team manager"

Current Employee - EMS Manager in England, AR

I have been working at SGN full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

# Pension, # over time # lots of training for field staff # good apprenticeship scheme

Cons

Senior management always interfering, no real career progression, big difference in payscales between D & C business for doing the same job

Continue reading
    SGN2017-04-04
  2. "Pipeline Engineer"

4.0
    Current Employee - Pipeline Engineer in Aberdeen, Scotland
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at SGN full-time

Pros

Good Staff and working environment. Good benefits

Cons

Pay too low. Not much job progression.

SGN2020-04-23

SGN Response

May 12, 2020Employee Experience Officer

Thank you for your recent review and for sharing your insights. Job progression is normally an area where we get lots of positive feedback but we understand progression in some areas can be quite limited and it's not always possible to achieve some aspirations. I would encourage you to speak to your manager or HR Manager to find out what development opportunities are available and how they might be able to support you. Work with your manager to set clear objectives, aligned with supporting your development. Best of luck!

Discover more reviews about SGN.