SGN - My Thoughts On SGN | Glassdoor.co.uk
  1. "My Thoughts On SGN"

Current Employee - Network Support Manager in Edinburgh, Scotland

I have been working at SGN full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Working here is interesting and keeps bringing new challenges. In my roll every day is different. I appreciate some rolls might not be as varied, however there are plenty of opportunities to progress and find new challenges within SGN. SGN is also making changes to the way we work and making our working practices fit for the present and future. This is proving to be an interesting and rewarding journey.... Additionally over the next twenty or thirty years the UK gas industry could potentially see changes that are even more far reaching than the introduction of natural gas last century. I could not think of a more exciting industry to work in.

Cons

Change can bring worry, but it is better to view change as an opportunity.

Advice to Management

I think that our preparations for the future are quite conservative. With "net-zero" on the horizon I think we need to take a more radical approach especially when taking into account the age of an asset.

SGN2019-06-17
  1. "Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Senior Test Manager in Portsmouth, South East England, England

I have been working at SGN full-time for less than a year

Pros

Its a dynamic business, really up and coming in their technology, a fast paced and exciting place to work at the sharp end of today's technology. I find most the people here are really down to earth, minimising on the fluff and jargon, they actually get on with the work! I am well supported by my manager and I feel appreciated. Incredibly busy, but the work life balance is good! It is still early days in... the business, but so far so good.

Cons

Its a bit chaotic at times, lots going on. Office is very industrial and dated compared to other businesses I have worked in, limited on facilities, basic canteen, no gym and located in an industrial estate.

SGN2019-09-23
  2. "More bad than good"

Current Contractor - Account Manager
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at SGN for less than a year

Pros

Relaxed Nice atmosphere Good people Good Locations

Cons

Awful pay rate Lots of agency staff No female management Outdated processes

SGN2019-10-31

Discover more reviews about SGN.