SGN - Staff should be the heart of this business | Glassdoor.co.uk

"Staff should be the heart of this business"

Current Employee - Customer Support in Horley, Surrey, South East England, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at SGN full-time for less than a year

Pros

Majority of staff are extremely genuine and good to work with

Cons

When speaking with other staff at SGN everyone sounds so downtrodden, underpaid and overworked seems the mantra here - old school managers that really need to be brought into this century - so many layers to the contracts here, no one is on the same which leads to a massive divide -

Advice to Management

You do have good staff here and really need to make this a fair place to work - educate the older colleagues that things have changed and time to get with a modern day office environment - salaries need to be looked at - seems to be no movement in salary for staff wishing to stay in the job their in and in to which they thrive - please look after your staff - a thank you sometimes goes such a long way for some... that feel overlooked

SGN2019-07-26
  1. "Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Senior Test Manager in Portsmouth, South East England, England

I have been working at SGN full-time for less than a year

Pros

Its a dynamic business, really up and coming in their technology, a fast paced and exciting place to work at the sharp end of today's technology. I find most the people here are really down to earth, minimising on the fluff and jargon, they actually get on with the work! I am well supported by my manager and I feel appreciated. Incredibly busy, but the work life balance is good! It is still early days in... the business, but so far so good.

Cons

Its a bit chaotic at times, lots going on. Office is very industrial and dated compared to other businesses I have worked in, limited on facilities, basic canteen, no gym and located in an industrial estate.

SGN2019-09-23
  2. "More bad than good"

Current Contractor - Account Manager
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at SGN for less than a year

Pros

Relaxed Nice atmosphere Good people Good Locations

Cons

Awful pay rate Lots of agency staff No female management Outdated processes

SGN2019-10-31

Discover more reviews about SGN.