SGN - The Worst Job I have Ever Had | Glassdoor.co.uk

"The Worst Job I have Ever Had"

Current Employee - Rather Not Say in Horley, Surrey, South East England, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at SGN full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There isn't even free tea and coffee! That would be a tiny benefit that would make the day a tiny bit better. The pay is OK though, so that keeps lots of deadwood here at SGN HQ. People not going anywhere as pay is good, so people can stay in the job a long time. And if you are a BULLY, SGN is a great place to be.

Cons

This is the worst job I have ever had. The organisation has quite a few bullies, and if you try to do things for the benefit of consumers or the environment, you are targeted as being a trouble-maker. The manager in my section gave me a talking to when I started at SGN, basically saying that if I acted on my own initiative, I would be sacked. He ended by saying "It's my way or the high-way!" The trouble is, his... way is old and outdated and breaches the rules set out by Ofgem and the HSE. And HR are truly the most biased HR team in the whole of the UK. If you are not a senior manager, then you will probably bot be listened to by HR.

Advice to Management

There has to be quite a big change in SGN. There has to be anyway as the rules are changing and the public are going to want more from utility companies. That change should actively involve everyone.

SGN2019-11-01
  1. "Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Senior Test Manager in Portsmouth, South East England, England

I have been working at SGN full-time for less than a year

Pros

Its a dynamic business, really up and coming in their technology, a fast paced and exciting place to work at the sharp end of today's technology. I find most the people here are really down to earth, minimising on the fluff and jargon, they actually get on with the work! I am well supported by my manager and I feel appreciated. Incredibly busy, but the work life balance is good! It is still early days in... the business, but so far so good.

Cons

Its a bit chaotic at times, lots going on. Office is very industrial and dated compared to other businesses I have worked in, limited on facilities, basic canteen, no gym and located in an industrial estate.

SGN2019-09-23
  2. "More bad than good"

Current Contractor - Account Manager
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at SGN for less than a year

Pros

Relaxed Nice atmosphere Good people Good Locations

Cons

Awful pay rate Lots of agency staff No female management Outdated processes

SGN2019-10-31

Discover more reviews about SGN.