SGN - A job for life. | Glassdoor.co.uk
  1. "A job for life."

Current Employee - First Call Operative in London, England

I have been working at SGN full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

If you're a grafter, can follow procedures & instructions, and eager to earn good money, this job is right up your street. Answer your phone when on call and you can expect £50k + per annum without even trying.

Cons

Long hours - but you're financially compensated very well. Core hours work life balance is good if you're satisfied with the basic salary. This is NOT a role for a lazy individual who wants to get paid for nothing.

Advice to Management

You're doing well gents.. Keep it that way.

SGN2019-11-23

"Currently team manager"

Current Employee - EMS Manager in England, AR

I have been working at SGN full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

# Pension, # over time # lots of training for field staff # good apprenticeship scheme

Cons

Senior management always interfering, no real career progression, big difference in payscales between D & C business for doing the same job

Advice to Management

Let your managers manage

SGN2017-04-04
  2. "Not a pleasant work environment"

Former Employee - Stakeholder Engagement Manager in Horley, Surrey, South East England, England

I worked at SGN full-time for less than a year

Pros

Most staff seem friendly enough

Cons

Poor training for managers. I felt very bullied by my line manager and when I tried to speak out, HR backed manager all the way. I was on the receiving end of some very unpleasant and inappropriate comments. I think there’s a reason why SGN do not have a diverse workforce. Managers seem quite old fashioned and don’t realise you cannot and should not criticise someone for how they look. Maybe you should introduce... some unconscious bias training? I have offered on a a few occasions to sit down with management and HR to discuss why some of their processes are not fit for purpose but have received no response.

Advice to Management

You need a much more diverse workforce. Bullying and racism should not be tolerated.

SGN2019-12-10

Discover more reviews about SGN.