1. "It could be better"

Current Employee - Mechanical Craftsman

I have been working at SGN full-time

Pros

Good pay, standby, ppe and van provided

Cons

Poor management, big brother always watching

SGN Response

February 10, 2020Employee Experience Officer

Thanks for leaving us a review. We're always looking for ways to improve so will be sure to take your feedback on board.

"Currently team manager"

Current Employee - EMS Manager in England, AR

I have been working at SGN full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

# Pension, # over time # lots of training for field staff # good apprenticeship scheme

Cons

Senior management always interfering, no real career progression, big difference in payscales between D & C business for doing the same job

Continue reading
  2. COVID-19

"Good experience, continuously improving"

5.0
    Current Employee - Stakeholder Manager in Edinburgh, Scotland

I have been working at SGN full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The way SGN has looked after it's employees during Covid-19 has been great e.g. very quickly mobilising homeworking; stopping all but essential works; getting PPE out to those in need; regular comms; use of technology (MS Teams and a comms App) to ensure people stay connected; listening to employees via a covid survey; and working tirelessly to ensure offices and depots are safe for those people returning. I've been impressed that changes are being made as a result of survey feedback and I must say, I love the new recognition system, shout out. So many genuine shows of appreciation - spot on timing. I can honestly say I'm proud to work for SGN. Thank you!

Cons

Sometimes the pace of change is slow, but it's a utility and many of the people don't like change so inevitably it can be like pushing water uphill.

Continue reading

Discover more reviews about SGN.