1. "Challenging but enjoyable"

4.0
    Current Employee - Enterprise Architect in Portsmouth, South East England, England

I have been working at SGN full-time for more than a year

Pros

Lots of challenging work but good chance to develop skills

Cons

Slow to progress new technologies and architecture directins

SGN Response

March 4, 2020Employee Experience Officer

Thanks for your recent review. We understand the pace of change can sometimes be frustrating, this is often due to the highly regulated nature of our work but we're committed to continuously improving and making efficiencies where we can. We hope you continue to enjoy the work and keep developing.

"Currently team manager"

Current Employee - EMS Manager in England, AR

I have been working at SGN full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

# Pension, # over time # lots of training for field staff # good apprenticeship scheme

Cons

Senior management always interfering, no real career progression, big difference in payscales between D & C business for doing the same job

Continue reading
  2. COVID-19

"Good experience, continuously improving"

5.0
    Current Employee - Stakeholder Manager in Edinburgh, Scotland

I have been working at SGN full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The way SGN has looked after it's employees during Covid-19 has been great e.g. very quickly mobilising homeworking; stopping all but essential works; getting PPE out to those in need; regular comms; use of technology (MS Teams and a comms App) to ensure people stay connected; listening to employees via a covid survey; and working tirelessly to ensure offices and depots are safe for those people returning. I've been impressed that changes are being made as a result of survey feedback and I must say, I love the new recognition system, shout out. So many genuine shows of appreciation - spot on timing. I can honestly say I'm proud to work for SGN. Thank you!

Cons

Sometimes the pace of change is slow, but it's a utility and many of the people don't like change so inevitably it can be like pushing water uphill.

Continue reading

Discover more reviews about SGN.