1. "Good to join on high salary, impossible to progress"

2.0
    Current Employee - Management Accountant in Horley, Surrey, South East England, England

I have been working at SGN full-time for more than a year

Pros

1. Good if the management like you. 2. Independence with your work 3. Flexible with time management

Cons

1. Difficult for staff if they do not get along with management as they will not let you move forward even if you meet objectives 2. Lack of motivation 3. Poor benefits 4. Political 5. Head of finance reporting can be difficult to work with 6. Lack of structure

SGN Response

March 4, 2020Employee Experience Officer

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We hear lots of positive things about the many progression and development opportunities at SGN but, in some cases, it’s not possible to achieve the aspirations some colleagues have. I would encourage you to have a conversation with your manager or HR Manager and ensure clear objectives are agreed to support your development. As Glassdoor forms part of our employee listening strategy, your feedback will be shared with the appropriate people to help us continuously improve.

"Currently team manager"

Current Employee - EMS Manager in England, AR

I have been working at SGN full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

# Pension, # over time # lots of training for field staff # good apprenticeship scheme

Cons

Senior management always interfering, no real career progression, big difference in payscales between D & C business for doing the same job

2. COVID-19

"Brilliant Company to work for!"

5.0
    Current Employee - Talent Coordinator in Portsmouth, South East England, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at SGN full-time for less than a year

Pros

I've had a great experience right from the word go. Being part of SGN during the Pandemic has proven they are a company who care about their employers. Clear and concise information given regularly and support available at all times. Progression is made clear from the beginning and it seems managers genuinely care about getting you to the best place within your job role. Not a bad word to say.

Cons

Unable to use Car Park unless issued with parking space, long waiting list.

Continue reading

Discover more reviews about SGN.