Employee Review

Current Employee, more than 3 years

Money Matters More than Employee Moral

5 Jan 2021 - FCO in Crawley, West Sussex, South East England, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

good pay, some good managers, good benefits

Cons

The company doesn't care too much about people working in the field and the positive reviews seem to be from those that are office based or management. Little thought is given to the work we undertake when operating in people's homes especially now that Covid is a major concern, everything seems profit-driven. Although the pay is good the hours do add up and you can work 16 hour days without a break and driving over 150 miles in a single day. Although the rota has changed it doesn't seem to benefit those that have to work it. Having worked here for a number of years I have never seen staff morale as low as it is now, nobody seems to care and critical things are being missed.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

SGN Response

Employee Experience Officer

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. Please be assured that we value all of our people and greatly appreciate everything you and your colleagues are doing during this extremely challenging time . We’ve listened to your concerns and, since posting your review, we’ve made some changes to our operational work, including temporarily suspending and flexing a number of work types. The safety and wellbeing of our people continues to be our absolute priority; if you haven’t already, make sure to check out the wellbeing eLearning package on People Portal. One of the clear messages is the importance of highlighting concerns and we’d strongly encourage you to get in touch with your manager or HR Manager about any safety-related concerns you might have. Many thanks for your feedback.

1. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Currently team manager

4 Apr 2017 - EMS Manager in England, AR
    Business Outlook

Pros

# Pension, # over time # lots of training for field staff # good apprenticeship scheme

Cons

Senior management always interfering, no real career progression, big difference in payscales between D & C business for doing the same job

Continue reading
    4 people found this review helpful
  2. 2.0
    Current Employee

Good as a starting job but not a good long term employer

12 Apr 2021 - Network Analyst in Edinburgh, Scotland, Scotland
    Business Outlook

Pros

*Good rate of pay *SGN helps graduates with minimal working experience and gives them an opportunity to gain industry skills and knowledge

Cons

(SGN are currently going through major changes which has resulted in many dissatisfied people. I would have rated SGN 4 star 2 years ago) *Too much work and not enough employees (they have advised they will not be employee new staff) *Very stressful working environment and asking for help does not resolve issue as there is no one to help with workload. *There is a Policy for temps to be made permanent after 3 year. This is not implemented. *HR does not give anyone the time of day and will ignore your emails and questions. *There is 2 main contracts in SGN (old and new employees) the difference between these contracts are very significant

Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about SGN.