Employee Review

Former Intern, less than 1 year

Great Experience

Feb 18, 2020 - Copy Writer in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

A brilliant introduction to the industry. I loved the environment and everyone made me feel very welcome.

Cons

Zero. Can't speak highly enough of my time here.

SMRS Response

Senior Marketing Executive

Thank you so much for such a great review, we're glad you enjoyed your time with us.

Other Employee Reviews

1. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Worst place I've ever worked

Jun 7, 2021 - Copywriter
    Business Outlook

Pros

Free fruit? That's literally all I can think of.

Cons

There are many. I actually left in 2016 and it was the best decision I ever made. I received barely any training, just micro-management of my work for months on end. It was almost impossible to progress my career and learn new skills. The only people who did see my potential either left or were frozen out of the Leadership team (and I use the term 'Leadership' very loosely). My line manager's idea of a performance review would be a (one-sided) shouting match, whenever it felt convenient for them to let off some steam. I'd then be encouraged not to be so downtrodden after being shouted at and ridiculed for an hour. I was expected to come in every day with a smile on my face, act professional and stay until at least 7.30 for no reason other than 'that's what you do here'. Certain members of the Leadership team felt that the best way to get their point across was to stomp over to the Studio team, scream at their chosen victim, and then walk off crying because THEY were clearly the one hard done by. Other times, we'd get passive-aggressive emails or menacing phone calls on their days off. I see some of the reviews on here are from 2016, around the same time I left, and I wonder whether they saw the same things I did or were encouraged not to mention them. Let's talk about attrition, shall we? When I left I was the 31st person in 15 months to leave, meaning that attrition that year was almost 50%. Not surprising, given that the tasks we were asked to do were mind-numbing at best and near-impossible at worst. All in all, it's the worst place I've ever worked. I'm glad I left and I have no positive things to say.

Continue reading
  2. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Really welcoming

Feb 19, 2021 - Digital Operations in Manchester, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Incredibly friendly and inclusive workplace

Cons

Nothing major from my side

SMRS Response

Senior Marketing Executive

Thank you for such a positive review!

Discover more reviews about SMRS.