SaleCycle - Great company that's still evolving | Glassdoor.co.uk
Pros
  • "Flexible working hours and autonomous working environment" (in 17 reviews)

• "Great flexible working hours, refreshing to work for a company that encourages you to think outside of the box" (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • "Sales team don’t seem as polished, as I expected they’d be, but there seems to be a lot of effort going in to improving that currently" (in 7 reviews)

• "It is a revolving door of people because the Management team doesn't know what it means to nurture and build, just hire and fire" (in 4 reviews)

Employee Review

Employee Review

"Great company that's still evolving"

Former Employee - Solutions Consultant in Houghton-le-Spring, England
Former Employee - Solutions Consultant in Houghton-le-Spring, England

I worked at SaleCycle full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A great company with a good culture and many great benefits including healthy snacks, working from other offices, unlimited holidays.

Cons

Only thing to mention would be to introduce a remote working policy.

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Simply Outstanding"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Rainton, England
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Rainton, England

I worked at SaleCycle full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I’ve been meaning to write this review for months. Although I was only at Salecycle for a few months and left (on great terms) purely for personal reasons - it was 100% the best company I have ever worked for. I loved so many things about the place. Where do I start?
    Salecycle are innovative and collaborative and always looking for ways to optimise and improve. The staff are very competent but also happy to collaborate and share their knowledge. The management team are outstanding - very understanding and enabling. The people - what do I say - utterly amazing. Such a varied and fun bunch to work with it. They make the place what it is. The culture is great, the management and HR team truly care about the welfare of each single person, I’ve never seen such action oriented and caring setup anywhere else. I’m female and in technology, I never felt that I was treated any differently to anyone else. I notice a previous review mentioning that females don’t do as well at Salecycle - I’ve seen no evidence of that, I was very surprised someone would make that statement as in my eyes, it couldn’t be further from the truth. Aside from all that, they really like to feed you!!! You get (amazing) cakes on pay day and a fully stocked kitchen with healthy snacks drinks etc. And there’s a pool table and a ping pong table which actually is a great thing as you can relax and have some fun with colleagues. I truly enjoyed my time at Salecycle and would have absolutely no reservations at recommending this ambitious, forward thinking and caring employer to anyone.

Cons

Not a single one that I can think of.

Advice to Management

My only suggestion to management is - please consider more opportunities for permanent home working. I completely understand that the family atmosphere is down to everyone being so close and friendly and spending their time together but a right person would make it work regardless.

"Enjoyable"

Former Employee - Enterprise Sales Consultant in Houghton-le-Spring, England
    Former Employee - Enterprise Sales Consultant in Houghton-le-Spring, England

I worked at SaleCycle full-time (More than a year)

Pros

SaleCycle have genuine and lovely staff who are awesome to work with. Whether it'd be in the UK office or US/Paris/Singapore, you'd always get help if you asked. Leaving was an extremely tough decision.

Work/life balance was great with semi-flexi time and unlimited holiday.

Working in sales has its ups and downs but the sales team were very good at sticking together and keeping the positive energy. The opportunity to engage and talk to the biggest, most recognisable B2C brands in the world was always exciting and fun.

It's a fast-paced environment where the companiy is growing at a remarkable rate and looking at new and exciting areas of the market.

Cons

Whilst the growth can be exciting, it also comes with its flaws. Sales in any company does have a higher turnover than other roles. In my time at SaleCycle where I numerous Head of Sales, all with different ideas and plans. Some introducing multiple spreadsheets to report on when everything we did was already logged on SalesForce. Regions were changed numerous times so relationships you'd built up in 3 months were then lost to another colleague (who also lost their relationships.)

For me, the changes frustrated me to the point where, in my head, I would question how long this "new" process would last before it was changed again....my head started wander elsewhere and I felt it was time to move on.

I do feel that the new Head of Sales in NEMEA is the perfect fit for the role and I look forward to hearing how well the team are doing.

Advice to Management

I don't think that I can give you much advice, you're already doing a great job. Yes, mistakes have been made but they weren't drastic and like any growing company, you're learning like everyone else is.

SaleCycle's an awesome place and I have some great memories of my time there, I'd thoroughly recommend it to anyone looking to move into marketing tech.

Discover more reviews about SaleCycle.