Salesforce - Very demanding and rewarding | Glassdoor.co.uk

There are newer employer reviews for Salesforce

"Very demanding and rewarding"

Current Employee - Senior Director, Product Management in San Mateo, CA (US)
Current Employee - Senior Director, Product Management in San Mateo, CA (US)

Pros

Strongest vision of any enterprise software company out there. Team is it in to win and continue fast growth path. Willing to take risks. Very talented teams.

Cons

Very demanding. Be prepared to work hard and sometimes long hours. A lot of Management reviews and presentations.

Advice to Management

Continue on aggressive growth path, take rissk and set the agenda for the rest of the enterprise software world.

Other Employee Reviews for Salesforce

"Couldn't be happier"

Current Employee - Recruiter in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Recruiter in San Francisco, CA (US)

Pros

The people are smart, genuinely happy, get their work done and do it well. I'd do anything to help my teammates and my manager out, and know they'd do the same for me. People are respectful, fair, honest. Jerks are just not allowed. It's like a very healthy body -- if a bad seed sneaks in, a bunch of healthy cells surround it and gently show it how to behave. Pay is great, product is taking off, Benioff leads by example -- he started this company and he's still here. He's passionate about what we do, and gives credit to his team(s) for making his vision(s) come to fruition.

Couldn't be happier.

Cons

None really. It is a large organization, and it's doubling/tripling in size. Being in such high growth mode, it can sometimes be challenging to on-board people quickly (get their laptops up and working, access to systems, etc sometimes takes a bit).

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

2. "On a rocket ride."

Current Employee - Senior Manager in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in San Francisco, CA (US)

Pros

Great products, e.g., Chatter - and more on the way.
    Opportunity Open Market.
    1:1:1.
    Great location.
    Improving focus on people and job sat.
    Never ending technological innovation.
    We eat our own dog food daily.
    Focus on the customer.
    Most people are in SF (but that's changing rapidly).

Cons

Recruiting, finance, and other organizational infrastructure is not keeping pace with growth.
    Tension between freedom and control of product development (freedom is winning).
    Non-traditional scrum organization makes it difficult to level practices across Technology.
    People don't get the depth (and increasing breadth) of the technology because of the name salesforce.com.

Advice to Management

Invest more in non-sales, non-tech people and departments to support growth.
    Take aggressive steps to decentralize products.
    Embrace the global workforce.
    Be more public about our technological accomplishments so public perception matches reality.