SanDisk - Very satisfied | Glassdoor.co.uk

"Very satisfied"

I have been working at SanDisk full-time

Pros

Market leader. Strong management. Good benefits.

Cons

Lot's of management change. Less employee centric.

Other Employee Reviews for SanDisk

"hierarchical big company, full of VP's who build empires, potential for huge success"

Current Employee - Senior Staff Engineer in Milpitas, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Staff Engineer in Milpitas, CA (US)

I have been working at SanDisk full-time (More than a year)

Pros

cash rich. hiring. if you keep your head down and make your manager look good, you can keep your job forever. some excellent technologists who manage to get stuff done in spite of many management levels. Huge potential for advantage in very hot market (SSD).

Cons

a huge, empire building, hierarchical bloated bureaucracy, with senior management who behaves as though they can treat employees however they like. May fail to capitalize on huge advantages because the empires can't work together. Hugely difficult to advance from within; management controls by refusing promotion without outside job offers.

Advice to Management

Stop listening only to old guard; look for problems and fix them by removing management, not employees

2. "Need to improve communication"

Pros

Have very smart people that work for SanDisk but seems to lack some qualities in social events. It would be better if there were more people than just go to work do their part then leave.

Cons

Extremely smart managers but some don't know how to manage people. Should not have someone in charge of others who don't know how to teach them or communicate with them. I wish teams/groups did more things together outside of work. I know that within my team there was a person who I never really talked to because they kept to themselves and didn't come out of their cube at all. I wish more managers wanted to go out for lunch as a team more often so that within each team you know everyone well.