Siemens - Great company that cares for its staff | Glassdoor.co.uk

Employee Review

Employee Review

Featured Review

"Great company that cares for its staff"

Current Employee - Senior Applications Engineer in Poole, England
Current Employee - Senior Applications Engineer in Poole, England

I have been working at Siemens full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The role is challenging yet rewarding and I work alongside a great team.
Our working hours are flexible so I can work around family commitments and know that the company recognises the days you put long hours in. They are similarly very accepting of home working as long as it suits the work you need to do.
The benefits are good and also flexible - you choose what you want to have.
The company itself is proud to push all staff to act as if they own the company. Treat everyone fairly, recognise how we can improve the company and especially how to can reduce our carbon footprint; the company is keen to do what we can to help improve the planet whether in carbon reduction or aligning with charities around the world to help bring power, water, a future etc to all.

Cons

The learning curve is sharp; you are expected to jump in to a new role with both feet and get up to speed as soon as possible. As long as you have passion for a role then this shouldn't be an issue.

Advice to Management

Continue to respect staff and all levels and you'll continue to be rewarded. My colleagues and I are very dedicated to this company and it makes it a pleasure to work here.

28 Jun 2018 – Talent Acquisition Specialist

Hello! What a fantastic review - it's so nice to hear your passion shine through for your role and that you are being such a good ambassador for Siemens.

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

"Higher Apprentice"

Current Employee - Higher Apprentice in Leicester, England
    Current Employee - Higher Apprentice in Leicester, England

I have been working at Siemens full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good Hours, Sickness policy, share/ pension scheme.

Cons

Apprentice management very poor, given incentive to complete quickly but that promise was soon found to be false. Thrown in at the deep end with little/no training. Once out of the apprentice scheme it is ok.

Advice to Management

Treat us like apprentices, invest in our training instead of using us as cheap labour.

28 Jun 2018 – Talent Acquisition Specialist

Hi - Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We pride ourselves in offering a fantastic apprenticeship programme that has won multiple awards so I really hope you feel you can speak to your... More

2. "Siemens"

Current Employee - Finance and Commercial Manager
    Current Employee - Finance and Commercial Manager

I have been working at Siemens full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Joined 18 years ago with the intention of staying for 3 at most! Siemens has been an excellent company to work for and the time has flown by. Exposure to many areas and aspects of the business. Encourage personal development and continual learning. Always been flexible with working arrangements and were amazingly supportive when personal circumstances were difficult. Often feels more like a 'family' business.

Cons

None that are worth a mention or would change my view of the company.

Advice to Management

Ownership culture is a massive step forward in employee engagement, continue and develop as far as possible.

27 Jun 2018 – Talent Acquisition Specialist

Hi! Thanks for such a great overview of your experiences with us, I'm really pleased you took the time out to write a review.

Discover more reviews about Siemens.