Sky Betting & Gaming - Valued and free to achieve | Glassdoor.co.uk

Employee Review

Employee Review

"Valued and free to achieve"

Current Employee - Communications Manager in Leeds, England
Current Employee - Communications Manager in Leeds, England

I have been working at Sky Betting & Gaming full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Vibrant, exciting, fast-paced. A place to think big and really achieve things you couldn't in other businesses. People have really strong ideas and are able to put them into practice with the calibre of colleague who can support and unlock potential.

Cons

If you're not a strong character able to shape your own agenda it could be too free for some people.

Advice to Management

Don't let it get corporate

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

1. "One Team!"

Current Contractor - Commercial Resourcer in Leeds, England
    Current Contractor - Commercial Resourcer in Leeds, England

I have been working at Sky Betting & Gaming as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Fantastic Work Culture - The calendar is bursting with events to engage employees, reward hard work and support external organisations; for example The Gathering, York Races and charity fundraisers such as The Leeds 10k and Yorkshire Three Peaks Challenge.
    Development Opportunities - There are numerous initiatives in place to learn a new skill, whether it's taking up a German/Italian language course or learning how to code through the Software Academy. I think it's great that these opportunities are open to anyone who wants to get involved.
    The People - My team works collaboratively and I feel I can learn a lot from colleagues across all the different tribes. What's more, we all get on really well in and outside of work and I genuinely enjoy coming to work.

Cons

Parking - It is very expensive to park in Leeds. It would be great if we could have subsidised car parking at a reasonable rate.

"Customer Ops don't care about employees"

Current Employee - Customer Support in Leeds, England
    Current Employee - Customer Support in Leeds, England

I have been working at Sky Betting & Gaming full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Rest of company other than Customer Ops

Cons

Customer Ops Centre min wage + <20% for unsocial hours which cover 19 hours a day (7am to 2am), 365 days a year with no extra for bank hols, any 5 of 7 days with days off not usually consecutive or including a weekend day.

1 week notice during probation 2 weeks after. 3 month probation with majority of cust ops staff getting a 3 month extension. Worked 140 hours overtime in a month or so, no feedback. Getting nearer probation end and dared to negotiate a 1 month extension after asked wrong substitute question. Obviously upset someone.

1 month extension, 1/2 of which was leave, was constant opression. Afternoon of day going on leave where probation would have ended while away I was suspended for Gross Misconduct (kneejerk reaction). I had seen the text of an old chat on a summary of recent contacts that was clearly an RG concern so I had raised it. I hadn't seen the text at the time otherwise would have had the same reaction and raised it then or had seen part of it and stood up and asked if anyone had already had that customer through.

Customer had engaged with someone else on chat minutes before that day and had been told to phone in. Came back on empty chat with same person, but did not engage. Came on empty chat with me, and did not engage although I paste in standard text to let all customer's know there is someone there.

I was debadged and suspended 45 minutes before going on leave for 8 days, 7 days out of UK, suspension ruining holiday and Silver Wedding. Cust Ops concerned about customers but not employees.

Advice to Management

Check your Customer Ops embedded bad practices

Sky Betting & Gaming Response

19 Jul 2018 – Project Manager

Thanks for your review. We're sorry you’ve not enjoyed the employee experience at SBG.

You’re right that we are absolutely customer obsessed. To provide the 24-hour service support that we pride... More

Discover more reviews about Sky Betting &amp; Gaming.