Sky Betting & Gaming - Great place to work | Glassdoor.co.uk
Pros
  • "Sky Betting and Gaming is a great place to start your career" (in 4 reviews)

• "It's a great environment to work in and extremely fast paced" (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "Career progression isn't always clear" (in 4 reviews)

• "A very fast paced organisation, communication sometimes isnt as good as it could be" (in 4 reviews)

Employee Review

Employee Review

Featured Review

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Technology Resourcer in Leeds, England
Current Employee - Technology Resourcer in Leeds, England

I have been working at Sky Betting & Gaming full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

One of the best things about working at SBG is the culture; it is very laid back with casual dress, flexible working hours and we are very social. The flexible working hours mean my work/life balance is better than it has ever been by far as it allows me to avoid a longer commute at rush hour. I love how social the business is too - we have regular social events as a team and also have bigger company-wide events like the races, charity ball and the gathering.
SBG also has a great benefits package which includes a free gym membership at a gym across the road. This means I can exercise on my lunch break and therefore have more time to relax at home in the evening.
Finally, SBG have really good opportunities for growth and personal development. Hard work is recognised and rewarded and there are loads of opportunities to learn new things.

Cons

There really aren't many downsides to working at SBG, although sometimes it feels like tech employees get preferential treatment over non-techies! For example the extra benefits they are entitled to.

Advice to Management

Don't change much! Be aware of preserving our culture as we continue to grow and ensure everyone is treated fairly.

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

"Embraces diversity"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sheffield, England
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sheffield, England

I have been working at Sky Betting & Gaming full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I feel I have to disagree with the sentiments expressed by a couple of others about the patriarchal conspiracy of the leadership. In actual fact, I've never worked anywhere else that provides so much support for staff from all walks of life, especially given the amount of work to provide a culture that embraces diversity.

The packages are superb, and the working culture does not feel at all corporate. I feel the management have everyone's back, and it's generally a decent place to work.

Free coffee and fruit for those of us IN Sheffield, plus recreational stuff, like table tennis and a pool table.

Cons

Career progression isn't entirely clear sometimes.

Advice to Management

Keep your culture. You can't please everyone though

2. "Valued and free to achieve"

Current Employee - Communications Manager in Leeds, England
    Current Employee - Communications Manager in Leeds, England

I have been working at Sky Betting & Gaming full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Vibrant, exciting, fast-paced. A place to think big and really achieve things you couldn't in other businesses. People have really strong ideas and are able to put them into practice with the calibre of colleague who can support and unlock potential.

Cons

If you're not a strong character able to shape your own agenda it could be too free for some people.

Advice to Management

Don't let it get corporate

Discover more reviews about Sky Betting & Gaming.