1. "Fun company, a bit maverick, nice experience"

4.0
    Current Contractor - Software Engineer in Brentwood, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Sky for more than a year

Pros

Spacious and modern offices, great location, great atmosphere, a real sense of community, everybody very level and approachable. Sky is a comparatively large company, but retains much of the nature of a start-up. Sometimes "Believe in better" rings a bit hollow, but "Made by us" is very true: Sky has never hesitated to break the mold, going so far as designing their own, branded 3-pin electric plugs. Why not? Sky has never been content with repackaging and rebranding off-the-shelf solutions, and enjoys being a bit different, being the one that makes others wonder "what will they do next?"

Cons

The flip side of the positive. One hand doesn't know what the other is doing. Projects spinning out of control, management not knowing what's going on, a sometimes lazy and careless attitude among some employees, groups and entities that are totally entrenched and impenetrable while showing no corporate spirit , engagement, or responsibility. Giant baby, a massively overgrown start-up, a lack of maturity and structure. But Sky is what you make of it: be positive, and the negatives fade into insignificance.

Continue reading
  1. "CSA"

5.0
    Current Employee - CSA in North Londonderry, NH

I have been working at Sky full-time for less than a year

Pros

Free sky, bb, talk and 1/2 price mobile

Cons

Bad understanding when needed help with disabilities

Continue reading
  2. "Great company to work for."

4.0
    Former Employee - Producer

I worked at Sky full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I learnt a lot there as a Producer in the News department. Very environmentally minded and it provides resources for its employees to become so too.

Cons

They weren't great when it came to bullying, but this has changed significantly

Sky Response

February 7, 2020Social Media Specialist

Thanks for getting in touch and taking the time to write a review. We try our very best to make Sky a great place to work, so we’re happy to hear about your positive experience of working here. Maybe we'll see you again soon?

Discover more reviews about Sky.