"The best company I've ever worked for"

5.0
    Current Employee - Product Manager in London, England

I have been working at Skyscanner full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Amazing place to build products, a very product centric organisation and culture. Building and shipping stuff here is very easy. Mission driven company, truly customer centric, all decisions are made in a data driven way with customers at the heart of how we operate Great team mates, people here are smart, ambitious and very humble. Interesting problems to work on, when you get to a certain level of scale, interesting problem spaces emerge that you wouldn't necessarily get to work on in small startups.

Cons

Working across circa 9 offices can sometimes cause communications challenges, but this would be the same in any global tech company and not specific to Skyscanner, it's really up to people to decide what scale of company makes sense for how they like to operate.

Skyscanner2019-12-05
  1. "Unique Culture, great people, amazing technology and product."

5.0
    Current Employee - Principal Engineer

I have been working at Skyscanner full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

This is the best company I've worked in my career, the culture is extremely good, everyone lives and breathe the values. It's the only company I know that really put the customer first at the heart of decisions, even if the decision could hurt profit, it's all about the traveler experience. Lot of great technology and big scale systems, which is a dream for Engineers. Genuine opportunity to make an impact in the world via changing Travel. Great offices. Fail forward culture. I keep learning like the first day and that is priceless for me, a lot of smart people to learn from. Strong people focus.

Cons

I can't see any, I guess that is very fast paced, but it is an Industry characteristic.

Skyscanner2020-01-23

"A Chinese take over gone wrong"

1.0
    Former Employee - Director of Disguise

I worked at Skyscanner full-time

Pros

1. As skyscanner did not reach target, Skyscanner laid off 10% of its workforce in 2019 (over 120 employees) and "paid" some employees a fair compensation package. However those who worked there 3 years had the same deal the the one who joined 6 months earlier. 2. Some kind of flexible working hours (well, most businesses do that anyway) 3. Good app - has not crashed down on me in the last 2 weeks

Cons

1. Skyscanner was a great company until it was taken over by the communist party owned company Ctrip. Since then, it went south. 2. Employees are on performance review 2x / year for a period of 3 to 4 months, meaning that 50% to 60% of the time the company behaves under controversial performance review fears 3. While perf reviews are "anonymous" i have had threats from my manager's co-worker to share the actual "anonymous" feedback 4. There are numerous scandals where customers/travelers lost money that can be associated to Skyscanner original commercial practices that caused the rise and the collpase of some Online Travel Agent (stories that happen after ctrip takeover) 5. All C level are muppets of an incompetent board of directors who are trying to please higher governmental powers 6. Skyscanner board only stood by the Henry Charles Albert David (Prince Harry) Travelist "initiative" for cross border political reasons. 7. Bulliying behavior in too many squads / teams / management etc. 8. Prone transparency to better put you down, therefor fear is installed and people feel uncomfortable

Continue reading
    Skyscanner2020-05-22

Discover more reviews about Skyscanner.