Smarkets - Welcoming, engaging, promising | Glassdoor.co.uk
  1. "Welcoming, engaging, promising"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in London, England

I have been working at Smarkets full-time for less than a year

Pros

Full of very capable developers Freedom to solve problems in creative ways Freedom to drive business in new directions No heavy layers of management Whole company seems engaged Food is outstanding Socialising is excellent Office is superb

Cons

Some growing pains Some people taking the perks for granted

Smarkets2016-11-02

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Amazing Company"

I have been working at Smarkets full-time

Pros

I've worked at Smarkets for over a year now and I can honestly say it's the best place I've ever worked. I particularly enjoy the trust that my peers and Management have in me and my team to get our work done and to do so at an exceptional level. Smarkets' unique management style enables employees to work in the way that fits the individual best as well. Team collaboration is a top priority but so is empowering the individual. As other people have mentioned, the transparency here is unparalleled. Not only are salaries public, but the CEO and Management truly have an open door policy. I have found this incredibly refreshing and helpful as it feels like you truly know what is going on behind the scenes. There are some pretty great perks at Smarkets as well: Amazing Chef's who create 3 unbelievably tasty meals a day Freedom to work on projects that you are interested in and in a way that works for the individual Amazing, truly talented and skilled people Gorgeous office Amazing tech Generous vacation Flat hierarchy Complete transparency etc.

Cons

This is not a con for me, but for some, the flat hierarchy will not suit them. I find it refreshing to work with people who want to create an amazing product, rather than climb the political ladder.

Smarkets2018-09-14
  2. "Great company for the right people"

No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Smarkets full-time

Pros

Company transparency is fantastic, everyone is treated like a responsible adult regardless of age or experience, you are given the tools to make yourself successful.

Cons

Struggle to match salaries to level of talent they expect

Smarkets2018-09-06

Discover more reviews about Smarkets.