Softcat - Poor | Glassdoor.co.uk

"Poor"

Former Employee - Sales Executive in Glasgow, Scotland
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Softcat full-time for more than a year

Pros

Decent training, Great CRM system, nights out , good commission scheme , if you are friends with the right people you can literally do anything and not be sacked, god help you if you’re not

Cons

I had taken 3 weeks off due to mental health and when I returned I was taken into a meeting with my boss who threatened me with the sack if I did not hit target at the end of the month. This did not help with my current mental state (which he knew about beforehand). Very poor from a company which claims to take this issue seriously. If you are in the Clique you can do whatever you want. Including turning up late... or just not showing up at all due to being hungover. Very wolf of Wall Street feeling. People throwing balls across the office and at people who are on the phone. Claim to be a laid back environment however there is a difference to laid back and downright unprofessional Cold calling If someone leaves, that persons accounts are divvied up to the managers friends instead of fairly. If you are struggling one month you will be punished and not given new accounts from people that leave. Therefore you fall further behind instead of management helping you.

Advice to Management

There are people in management positions that couldn’t run a bath

Softcat2019-10-01
  1. "New Recruit"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marlow, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Softcat full-time for less than a year

Pros

I felt supported throughout the recruitment process, and any enquires I had, prior to starting, were answered with speed and patience from the recruiters and the staff hiring me. Since starting I have felt supported by the team, and emphasis has been placed that no question should feel embarrassing to ask! Taking initiative is encouraged and praised. The culture at Softcat has been accommodating, friendly... and fun - I am excited to continue on my journey at Softcat and see what is in store!

Cons

The only con I have is being addressed as the creation of Non-Sale inductions & workshops is now being put in place!

Softcat2019-11-07
  2. "Thoroughly enjoy working at Softcat"

Current Employee - Manager in London, England

I have been working at Softcat full-time for more than a year

Pros

A lot of opportunity to grow and develop. Ideas get listened to and taken on. I get to work with passionate, nice, clever, helpful, pro-active, knowledgeable people with a can-do attitude.

Cons

You need to be ok with a bit of ambiguity. We accomplish great things in this company and a lot of the time it's not set in stone and we might be asked to deliver the moon on a stick. But we're acutally very good at delivering moons on sticks ;)

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

Softcat2019-11-04

Discover more reviews about Softcat.