Success Academy Charter Schools - Middle School Lead Teacher | Glassdoor.co.uk
  1. "Middle School Lead Teacher"

Current Employee - Lead Teacher
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Success Academy Charter Schools full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The growth that I have had in the past four years as a teacher surpasses the experience I could have had elsewhere. Success pushes for your development as a teacher, forming you to be the best version of yourself in front of children. That being said, your development also depends on who your school leaders are. However, Success as an organization is quick to make changes, so they will recognize when something is... not working and work towards improving it. Additionally, the benefits you receive are an added plus.

Cons

The work life balance is difficult. We do work long hours and have a lot of expectations as a teacher. As mentioned above, your experience can also vary depending on your school leader. If you cannot handle stress, then teaching will not be the job for you.

Advice to Management

Do not forget your experiences as a teacher when making systems for teachers.

Success Academy Charter Schools2019-09-17
  1. "School Operations Summer Intern"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Success Academy Charter Schools

Pros

THE PEOPLE!, coworkers were great, learned a lot about charter school environment, learned more soft skills than hard technical skills (like learning how to navigate working in a highly politicized and controversial company), I was lucky to be put in a good school with an awesome operations team.

Cons

Boring, menial tasks at times (eg. making phonecalls to parents to obtain physical forms, filing and organizing student files), only get to see the scholars for 3 weeks until summer vacation, some other interns did not have 1 school they were assigned to and instead they moved around to several, so they did not establish a relationship with their coworkers.

Advice to Management

Structure the internship a bit more with more concrete tasks, allow students opportunities to see the moving parts of the greater network, standardize internship experience for all interns, assign students to 1 or 2 schools so they can establish a relationship with their coworkers

Success Academy Charter Schools2016-11-17
  2. "Salary"

Current Employee - Associate Teacher

I have been working at Success Academy Charter Schools full-time

Pros

Kids are great To be around

Cons

Culture Of school is different and too much at times

Advice to Management

So much extra work that isn’t really needed

Success Academy Charter Schools2019-10-17

Discover more reviews about Success Academy Charter Schools.