1. "Overall good place to work"

4.0
    Current Employee - Collections Account Manager in Kettering, OH

I have been working at Synchrony full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Benefits are unbeatable. My healthcare deductible was $800 and even before it was met, my policy paid for most of my care. The pay is decent. They used to do monthly bonuses but that went away at the beginning of 2019. They averaged your 2018 bonuses and added that into your base pay. So instead of making $15.50, my pay bumped to $17.50/hr. Onsite gym, cafeteria, marketplace, break rooms, vending machines, etc. You have to have a badge to get into the building so I felt safe while at work. Management is nice and approachable. Ample time off. So many committees to join. You can tell they actually care about your personal growth. Tuition reimbursement.

Cons

It’s a call center, so the work is very dull and repetitive. You will deal with unhappy customers on a daily basis. As an account manager, part of my job was to take the escalated calls. This is more of my personal experience, but the sick time policy needs to be changed. You get paid for sick days, but there are certain “triggers” (hours) that you hit and that results in corrective action. I get sick a lot, so I was put on corrective action quite a few times for it. I wish I could have the option to take unpaid sick time and not get in trouble for it. Synchrony has been rated a Great Place to Work for the past couple of years and it’s true, but that initiative is pushed on us too much. Around the time of year that we take the survey it’s all you hear about from management.

Continue reading
  1. "Fantastic In Everyway"

5.0
    Current Employee - Senior Specialist

I have been working at Synchrony full-time for more than a year

Pros

Benefits are the best Benefits start day 1 Amazing time off Clear career paths you can go that are endless. Supervisors are exceedingly kind and flexible You leave your work at work. The work home balance is amazing. They give 20k in tuition reimbursement

Cons

I really can't think of any. I've worked there over a year.

2. "Synchrony"

4.0
    Current Employee - Vice President Procure to Pay in Alpharetta, GA
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Synchrony full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Strong moves to a more diverse platform of offerings

Cons

Diversity, like most companies, is a struggle at Sr and Exec levels

Discover more reviews about Synchrony.