Synthace - I love this place. If you love putting your all in, and want to be respected for it, you will too. | Glassdoor.co.uk

"I love this place. If you love putting your all in, and want to be respected for it, you will too."

Current Contractor - Marketing Manager in London, England

I have been working at Synthace for more than a year

Pros

- Best culture in any company I've worked at; team members are trusted to make decisions and "get s**t done". Leadership are there for you when you need them, but there's no micromanagement. Socially, team members are diverse (could do better but we're only small and there is an active, specific effort from our recruitment team to source diverse team members, not just a superficial nod to "diversity training"). I'm... LGBTQIA+ and do not feel that impacts my career prospects in any way here. - We're contributing to changing the bloody world. If you don't come from a biology background, Synthace offers a pretty unique opportunity to work with and learn from scientists who are literally doing all the stuff that people might compromise in other areas (salary, location, working flexibility etc.) to be able to contribute towards; I tell my family I'm curing cancer, I'm solving world hunger... It's a pretty awesome feeling. - The product is strong, and our market want it. Although we are still a start-up, I feel more secure than at other start-ups I've worked at before; it really feels like we are at the edge of something incredible, and can be a genuine leader. Backing this up we have some fantastic investors who've just funded our B-Round at the end of 2018.

Cons

- Whatever function you're in, what we're doing is *hard*, - we're creating and testing groundbreaking software, doing things that we don't have a template to follow. We're running biological experiments at breakneck speed, we're communicating to the world about something that sounds like science fiction. If you're not comfortable with failing fast and getting on to the next thing, you won't be comfortable here.... - The usual challenges with being a start-up - we're forming process, we are building structure into teams, our benefits etc. are still being fully defined. Nothing unusual here, but something to be aware of if you're used to a more structured environment. - Whilst the office is stunning, and (we've only been in there two months at time of writing) only getting more impressive, the actual location is a bit eh. Is Shepherd's Bush even London amirite? (I kid White City, I love you). BUT it's the right place to be for what we do, and the development itself is pretty awesome - lots of varied places to go for lunch and after work drinks, Westfield is close enough to visit comfortably on your lunchbreak. (team dependant) there's also a lot of options for flexible working hours, working from home etc. when needed so don't let it be too big a turn off, give it a go :)

Advice to Management

You got this. Let's keep getting s**t done.

Synthace2019-01-25

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Interesting work and lots of autonomy"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in London, England

I have been working at Synthace full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Good engineering culture, autonomy - Good engineering team and hiring process - Interesting work, not a typical CRUD app - Half of the company are biology PhDs, lots of learning - Higher base salary than what most London startups offer

Cons

- Location: White City is outside central London

Synthace2019-08-31

"Great culture, Great team, Exciting work!"

Current Employee - Principal Scientist and Bioinformatics Engineer in Reading, England

I have been working at Synthace full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

An excellent culture to work within with a rapidly growing team of excellent people at the top of their game, technically and personally. A very inclusive attitude towards all aspects of the company so you don't feel in the dark about what is going on at a technical and business stand point. A very family oriented understanding with incredible support given to those with little ones when needed. Everyone really... gives the job their all to contribute to a game changing software in the biological space. The passion from everyone is infectious! A lot of freedom in your role to come up with solutions to problems but with help never far if needed from leadership or peers, everyone always willing to help others out.

Cons

There have been some teething pains as the company is maturing out of start up mentality and getting structured process and direction into place has been slow at times. But certainly on the up and heading in the right direction. Im a very happy employee that loves their job and company, i really don't have any major negatives!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

Synthace2019-06-27

Discover more reviews about Synthace.