Mixed bag

Current Employee - Product Manager in Luton, East of England, England
Current Employee - Product Manager in Luton, East of England, England

I have been working at TUI Travel full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people, fun environment, outstanding travel benefits. Pay pretty good for travel industry and the brand is prestigious in the industry.

Cons

Lack of progression opportunities, particularly in between departments. Luton location rather sterile but they do their best to keep staff entertained despite being away from bright lights of London.

Advice to Management

Invest in people with dedicated training programmes and don't be short sighted and assume people want to stay in the same department for all their career

Other Employee Reviews for TUI Travel

1. The World of TUI is a great place to work and to get recognized for individual contributions.

Former Contractor - ProgramDirector in Crawley, Hampshire, South East England, England

I worked at TUI Travel as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Entrepreneurial organization with decentralized leadership; - Senior management is professional, passionate, goal- and team oriented; - Casual and informal work environment; - TUI's strategy proves to hold up well whereas its competitors are struggling during the current economic crises.

Cons

There are no cons that I can think of, although I can imagine that not all TUI countries / 250 brands are created equal. I can say the having worked for TUI Group at the HQ in the UK was a great experience.

2. Specialist Holidays Group, part of TUI Travel - Great career development opportunity but soul destroying in many ways.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at TUI Travel full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Have been able to advance quickly in the company mainly due to constant mergers, restructures and 'synergy /streamlining'.

Cons

A boys club. And you have to be darn good to get anywhere with out being invited into the club.

Advice to Management

Try keeping the great, experienced and driven people that make a difference and drive the company forward as opposed to the people that can talk the talk but do nothing of value.