Telstra - Its is a company on a massive change journey to win the hearts of customers | Glassdoor.co.uk

Glassdoor uses cookies to improve your site experience. By continuing, you agree to our use of cookies. OK | Learn More

There are newer employer reviews for Telstra
There are newer employer reviews for Telstra

See Most Recent

"Its is a company on a massive change journey to win the hearts of customers"

StarStarStarStarStar
  • Work/Life Balance
  • Culture & Values
  • Career Opportunities
  • Comp & Benefits
  • Senior Management
Current Employee - Infrastructure Delivery in Sydney (Australia)
Current Employee - Infrastructure Delivery in Sydney (Australia)
Recommends
Positive Outlook
Approves of CEO

I have been working at Telstra full-time (More than a year)

Pros

great people, great technology, flexible working arrangements

Cons

lots of work done out of Melboune

Advice to Management

keep up the good work

Other Employee Reviews for Telstra

  1. "Good"

    StarStarStarStarStar
    • Work/Life Balance
    • Culture & Values
    • Career Opportunities
    • Comp & Benefits
    • Senior Management
    Current Employee - Graduate in Sydney (Australia)
    Current Employee - Graduate in Sydney (Australia)
    Recommends
    Positive Outlook
    Approves of CEO

    I have been working at Telstra full-time (Less than a year)

    Pros

    As Telstra cross offer solutions across so many industries in the B2B market as well as supplying millions of consumers, the opportunities across business units and product and service offerings is vast.

    Cons

    Having mobile email and remote access means that you are always connected to the office whether you like it or not.


  2. "Interesting but exhausting, emotionally & physically. Must have ability to 'reset' each day"

    StarStarStarStarStar
    • Work/Life Balance
    • Culture & Values
    • Career Opportunities
    • Comp & Benefits
    • Senior Management
    Former Employee - Customer First Champion in Perth, Western Australia (Australia)
    Former Employee - Customer First Champion in Perth, Western Australia (Australia)
    Recommends
    Positive Outlook
    Approves of CEO

    I worked at Telstra full-time (More than a year)

    Pros

    Interesting, great experience. Paid training & qualification of Cert.3 in Contact Centre from Franklyn Institute. Uncapped bonus structure bases on kpi/metric performance mix of call handling time, core unit sales, secondary unit sales, customer transaction surveys (% of callers who do survey & their score of you)

    Cons

    Some of the performance metrics aren't fair as they are dependent on customers choosing to do something they may not want to do after being on hold for an hour..like a survey about how nice you were & someimes people talk & talk & talk - but you can't be rude or tell them you have to go, just put up with it.. The pay is a 80/20 split which means you get guaranteed 80% pay each fortnight, and once a month, if you meet your KPI's to a certain level, that will unlock the remaining 20%..so when you for example exceeded your targets by 100%, you will receive 100% of your monthly income, if you get 30%, then you get paid the 20% balance of your salary, plus 10% extra of what you earn in a month (the scorecards are monthly)

    Advice to Management

    Not sure there.. good luck Telstra

There are newer employer reviews for Telstra
There are newer employer reviews for Telstra

See Most Recent

Work at Telstra? Share Your Experiences

Telstra
  • Star
  • Star
  • Star
  • Star
  • Star
 
Click to Rate
or